PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Touch Diamond Keyboard ?uestions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26565)

wILLk0r3 818 05-14-2008 04:27 PM

Touch Diamond Keyboard ?uestions

Is there any info on how to go about un-installing this? I've tried a couple times and it starts for a seconds then the loading pinwheel stops. Also, since (as of now, for me) it can't be un-installed, how can I get back my word suggestion box when using the hard keyboard? Any info or help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MWSlim 05-14-2008 05:04 PM

Re: Touch Diamond Keyboard ?uestions

start>settings>input

nick aguas 05-14-2008 05:39 PM

try SIPChange. it will change the default KB and runs on startup. i find that periodically i have to go back and reselect a default, but havent had to do it in a while.

lifeuw19 05-21-2008 07:52 AM

Great question... HOW do I DELETE the Touch Diamond Keyboard? It completely has slowed down my phone. To the point I am this close to doing a hard reset. I have to get this off, but am having the same issues as above. So... can anyone tell me how to delete it completely?

Thanks!

rstoyguy 05-21-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeuw19 (Post 290471)
Great question... HOW do I DELETE the Touch Diamond Keyboard? It completely has slowed down my phone. To the point I am this close to doing a hard reset. I have to get this off, but am having the same issues as above. So... can anyone tell me how to delete it completely?

Thanks!

It has alot of the same files as the htc keyboard that comes with the touch. You might try installing that and see if that fixes it.

lifeuw19 05-21-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 290478)
It has alot of the same files as the htc keyboard that comes with the touch. You might try installing that and see if that fixes it.

Install what? The HTC keyboard that comes with the touch? Where could I find that, or what is it called?

Thanks!

rstoyguy 05-21-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeuw19 (Post 290489)
Install what? The HTC keyboard that comes with the touch? Where could I find that, or what is it called?

Thanks!

I think this is it.... ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/c...H_Keyboard.zip
If not, there are a couple more in the directory ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/cabs/

ikedirty 05-21-2008 02:58 PM

i had the same problem, u have to let it uninstall. it takes about 10 min (just leave it). it looks like it stuck but its not. oh, and predictive text does not work with htc keyboard it gets disabled for some reason. hope this helps

Nickles 05-21-2008 03:05 PM

had a similar problem with a 5060 build with the Touch keyboard..
couldn't uninstall it, but i did a registry search for 'Touch', found the Keyboard item that shows up in the SIP list, and changed the dword to 0, which disables it from showing up ont the dropdown when you select your KB..
out of sight, out of mind.