PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: pcc 6800 mogul
Carrier: sprint

Jokeurmnd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jokeurmnd
dumb google maps question please enlighten me

So first of I heard from a guy a work that google maps is great so I got it and i enjoy it but it seems that when I read post about gps here that you guys are referring to actual "located" then drawn a route deal. Now I've only used GMaps to find stores near by. Am I missing the fact that it can let me know where I am even though i don't? Also give me a way to a bar near where I'm lost at? please correct me if I'm wrong and if not please let me know how to do these cool things. Thanks a bunch you guys.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: dumb google maps question please enlighten me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeurmnd View Post
So first of I heard from a guy a work that google maps is great so I got it and i enjoy it but it seems that when I read post about gps here that you guys are referring to actual "located" then drawn a route deal. Now I've only used GMaps to find stores near by. Am I missing the fact that it can let me know where I am even though i don't? Also give me a way to a bar near where I'm lost at? please correct me if I'm wrong and if not please let me know how to do these cool things. Thanks a bunch you guys.
Yes. Your mogul has a built-in GPS and google maps can utilize it to find your current location. First you need to is make sure you are on the Sprint 3.35 rom or one of cooked ROMs available via PPCGeeks. Then launch Google Maps and select Use GPS. It may take a while but it will find your current location. (Make sure your outside with a clear view of the sky for the first attempt.

Kevan
Old 05-14-2008, 01:51 PM
calash

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

For directions I prefer Windows Live Search, it gives turn by turn, asks you to recalculate the route, and beeps when you get close to a turn. I have yet to see Google Maps do that.

Still love Google Maps for everything else, the maps seem to zoom much better.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Jokeurmnd is a n00b

Thanks i will try that shortly.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:54 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Jokeurmnd is a n00b

So I did try the GPS but all it did was keep searching. I was in the out doors but nothing. Any tips? I read the Gps thread and I checked the right boxes

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan