PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

freetoride78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Horrible battery drain

Ok I pulled my phone off the charger at 9 am at 100% and by 9:30 pm was at 2%. All I have done on my phone is talk for about an hour on bluetooth and about 2 total without, a couple texts and viewed a couple pics sent to me. I'm running no2chem's 5066 and s2u2 right now and thats it. Any idea's on why and can anybody please help.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Horrible battery drain

Do you have any email accounts set up to check for email at set time increments? Is your bluetooth on all the time?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

freetoride78 is a n00b

no email and I shut bluetooth off when I'm done with it,also it seems to charge back up pretty fast as well almost full charge in less than 2 hours
Old 05-13-2008, 12:47 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Turn your backlight down, make sure that beams are off.

Those are the two largest battery killers IMO.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

khruska is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to khruska

Might want to look at the shut-down timing in S2U2 as well.

The backlight will cut your battery life to nada if it's left unchecked.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

freetoride78 is a n00b

s2u2 was set to 10 seconds and today the sames thing happened 100% in morning but today some internet usage and battery is down to6% by 8 pm any help is appreciated this is getting annoying and is it possible that its a bad battery......got the phone about a month and a half ago off ebay and phone was brand new
Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Anything is possible...I've had a bad battery in the past. Do you have insurance on it? If so, you can take it to a sprint store and they'll swap out the battery for you. Another completely random thought...is your storage card working ok? I had an issue in the past where I was having horrible battery drain all of a sudden. I had the phone replaced and the problem still occurred. I noticed that my sd card wasn't showing up in file explorer. The card had been corrupted somehow and the phone was constantly trying to read it, causing excessive battery usage. Took the card out and issue was resolved. Probably a longshot, but like I said, anything can happen.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

make sure you go to settings, system, memory, running programs, stop all!! that will kill it too
Old 05-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

freetoride78 is a n00b

the memory card is reading but I will have to try that to be sure.....anything could help.....also have had phone plugged in for a half hour and its already up to 40% charge....will probably be at 100% within 45 minutes to an hour more of charging
Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

freetoride78 is a n00b

just an update have had my phone plugged in for an hour and a half and is reading 100% but is still showing that it is charging.....any thoughts on this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan