PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Red face Bluetooth ActiveSync

Trying to get it to work, but when I hit connect via bluetooth in AS on my phone it says there is no PC partnership that supports AS.

Tried searching the forums and google on how to setup but have been unsuccessful.

Could someone pleaaasssseeee post a guide. It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

ikon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth ActiveSync

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Trying to get it to work, but when I hit connect via bluetooth in AS on my phone it says there is no PC partnership that supports AS.

Tried searching the forums and google on how to setup but have been unsuccessful.

Could someone pleaaasssseeee post a guide. It would be greatly appreciated.
I kept having this problem myself. Delete the BT pairing and AS connection from both the phone and the computer.

You have to figure out which COM port the BT Serial Port is on (Mine is COM 3). If you open the BT Configuration and look at local services you should find the BT Serial Port info.

Then go into "Connection Settings" on ActiveSync and Check the box next to "Allow Connections to One of The Following" and select the proper COM port.

If you re-pair the phone to the computer after doing this, ActiveSync should be one of the available services.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikon View Post
You have to figure out which COM port the BT Serial Port is on (Mine is COM 3). If you open the BT Configuration and look at local services you should find the BT Serial Port info.
Thanks for the help. Where do I go to find out the info for this?
Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
N00b

ikon is a n00b

If you have the little blue/white BT icon in your system tray, just right click on it to find "Bluetooth Configuration". It really depends on how your BT is setup on your system.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
brushrop03

Yeah I found it. Well I went thru all that and I see AS in the local services under COM 4. I still can't get it to sync though
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Thanks for the help. Where do I go to find out the info for this?
try going to Device Manager on pc, then Ports (Com & LPT) section. look for the serial over Bluetooth link port number there. as long as you have that selected in ActiveSync, it 'should' pick it up. I always make sure I have setup a partnership with AS first- then creating the bluetooth one usually works better.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you tried setting up the partnership under Bluetooth options on the phone first? or just opening ActiveSync and trying it that way?
go to settings, connections, bluetooth and set it up that way, then try activesync again.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 PM
brushrop03

Ok so I checked device manager, and under Ports it has:

Bluetooth Comm. Port (COM4)
Bluetooth Comm. Port (COM5)
Bluetooth Comm. Port (COM7)

Under AS connection settings, it is set as COM4
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpctech View Post
you tried setting up the partnership under Bluetooth options on the phone first? or just opening ActiveSync and trying it that way?
go to settings, connections, bluetooth and set it up that way, then try activesync again.
I've tried both ways I believe. Right now I'm looking at the Bluetooth Options. Do I need to setup a new Outgoing Port?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
N00b

ikon is a n00b

from http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1679.html
A few hints:

1 - The adapter does not like being plugged into a hub

2 - Can you pair to your PC?

3 - The Bluetooth icon on your PC turns green when you have an active connection.

4 - Double click the BT icon on your PC. Go to View/Modify Config. Then Local services. Note the BT serial port.

5 - Open Activesync on your PC. Go to file/connection settings and make sure the serial com port is the same as in no4 above. If not change it. Make sure the check box is ticked and the port says it is available. If not choose another port in no4 above.

6 - Go to active sync on your phone. Click menu/Connect via BT. (BT must be on of course).

7 - If that does not work, right click the PC´s BT icon, select Quick Connect/BT Serial port. Then after it connects turn BT off then on (phone).

8 - Good luck. BT is a lot of trial and error, but one thing is for sure, it´s a pain is the ...!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan