PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   skyfire problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26304)

the evil i 05-12-2008 12:20 AM

skyfire problem

everybody tells me that skyfire is probably the best internet program to have for the mogul, so taking everybodys advice i went to the website and signed up for the beta program. as i finish it says they will send me a txt to verify this along with an email. i got the email immediatly but i did the resend thing at least 10x for the txt message but never got it, anybody know how to fix this problem

harpua 05-12-2008 12:26 AM

Re: skyfire problem

lol. im sorry you misunderstood. i thought they might give a better explanation on their website, but you'll be waiting for that text for at least 3-4 months i imagine. good luck. im still waiting for my text and i signed up over 4 months ago. cant wait to give this skyfire a whirl.

the evil i 05-12-2008 12:51 AM

If you entered a U.S. mobile phone number, you will receive an SMS message to verify your beta sign up request. Please click the link in this SMS message to complete the beta registration process. If you don’t receive the SMS, you can resend the SMS via our website.

thats what it said in the email i got. shouldnt i get a text to verify that i signed up for the beta, and then in a few months get another to download skyfire?

EtherealRemnant 05-12-2008 01:01 AM

Yeah, you HAVE to receive the verification text or you will NOT get your Skyfire invitation.

Give it two or three days and resend it.

zaya 05-12-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 279790)
Yeah, you HAVE to receive the verification text or you will NOT get your Skyfire invitation.

Give it two or three days and resend it.

yeah give it a day or 2. it aint perfect but Skyfire is nice. Too bad I cant just give you guys the cab....sorry

EtherealRemnant 05-12-2008 01:11 AM

Well I found out the hard way about the verification text.

I was kind of pissed about the fact that I'd never received my invite even though I signed up with everyone else in the very beginning...

So I went on Skyfire's site and noticed the option to resend the verification text... got the verification text and one week later, they sent me the link for beta 2.

zaya 05-12-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 279805)
Well I found out the hard way about the verification text.

I was kind of pissed about the fact that I'd never received my invite even though I signed up with everyone else in the very beginning...

So I went on Skyfire's site and noticed the option to resend the verification text... got the verification text and one week later, they sent me the link for beta 2.

Thats a drag! Kinda funny(i ain't gonna lie) but still a drag....

EtherealRemnant 05-12-2008 01:20 AM

Meh. Skyfire was nothing but a big disappointment in the end anyway so its NBD.

emanuelrv 05-12-2008 01:38 AM

i recive the invitacion friday after 5 month and work great resend sms i do 4 time

TweetyBear 05-12-2008 01:41 AM

i got my invite on friday too but haven't installed yet cuz been busy. i signed up first day of january. will take forever lol