PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 06:26 PM
hd2
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

hd2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've spent too much time for nothing!

I have to tell you. I read posts and threads on here months before I bought my Mogul and I figured ok, it's just like a computer, you gotta spend some time on it to get it just how you like it and then you have a piece of equipment that you are happy with.

When I decided to upgrade, it was for the GPS. When it was working it was great. I could sit in my hotel room with Windows Live and find everything and every place. Well, while the data connection worked anyway.

Well, I downloaded Olipro 2.40 just like I read over and over. Then I downloaded the sprint Rom followed by dcd's Qwest Rom that says 3.0.4 but in EPST says it's dcd 2.3.2. Well the data connection would work for awhile and then not. My Mogul was flaky so I loaded the Sprint Rom again and I read somewhere where someone else had the same problem and you should let the customizations run so I did. Then I reloaded dcd's 3.0.4 that still says 2.3.2 and I still have trouble.

I didn't mind spending 30 or 50 hours or more setting this up the way I like it but it is just not working out. I'm to the point now where I will settle for the original Qwest Rom (which worked well) and pay 3-400 bucks on a gps. I know some of you guys stepped up to help out and you have and continue to help others. Seeing as I don't have the 50 posts to thank you that way, I will just say thanks to each of you for your help. Take care all and good luck.

Last edited by hd2; 05-11-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: By the way, I tried to go back to the Q Rom but could only find rar files that opened up that way. No RUU.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Re: I've spent too much time for nothing!

You know... if you try out no2chem's 5066 ROM, it works great... Sprint and Qwest are (currently) on the same network so if it doesn't have settings for Qwest (I think it does), just use Sprint's settings and they should work.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd2 View Post
I have to tell you. I read posts and threads on here months before I bought my Mogul and I figured ok, it's just like a computer, you gotta spend some time on it to get it just how you like it and then you have a piece of equipment that you are happy with.

When I decided to upgrade, it was for the GPS. When it was working it was great. I could sit in my hotel room with Windows Live and find everything and every place. Well, while the data connection worked anyway.

Well, I downloaded Olipro 2.40 just like I read over and over. Then I downloaded the sprint Rom followed by dcd's Qwest Rom that says 3.0.4 but in EPST says it's dcd 2.3.2. Well the data connection would work for awhile and then not. My Mogul was flaky so I loaded the Sprint Rom again and I read somewhere where someone else had the same problem and you should let the customizations run so I did. Then I reloaded dcd's 3.0.4 that still says 2.3.2 and I still have trouble.

I didn't mind spending 30 or 50 hours or more setting this up the way I like it but it is just not working out. I'm to the point now where I will settle for the original Qwest Rom (which worked well) and pay 3-400 bucks on a gps. I know some of you guys stepped up to help out and you have and continue to help others. Seeing as I don't have the 50 posts to thank you that way, I will just say thanks to each of you for your help. Take care all and good luck.
I agree, 5066 is really the way to go. Everything works flawlessly for me. The rumor going around is that we may actually have the much talked about video drivers in the next week or so which should make the experience with the mogul much different.

There are a lot of very helpful people here that would probably be glad to talk to you on the phone or even meet up with you in person to assist. Don't give up!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:35 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I'm going to hold out a very MINOR hope that the drivers work on the Mogul because honestly, I don't think its going to be that easy.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:50 PM
hd2
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

hd2 is a n00b

Thank you both for answering and for your encouragement....you know, a newbie has to read a lot into some of these posts because people 'in the know' tend to take some things for granted at times. One reason I chose dcd's rom was because one of them was built specifically for Qwest. I did some research on no2chem's and Nexvision (?) and they do say Qwest. When I go to the download file there is all kinds of carriers but no Qwest. I do realize that (for the mean time) we ride on Sprint's network but if I were to download Sprint's rom, what other flaky things am I going to run into and how many changes in the ##785# categories am I going to have to make? I know that there are people who do a lot of work to make these PPC's a whole lot better so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but there isn't a lot of info specific to Qwest and when someone says to download this, it sometimes takes hours to find it only to be followed by download that which takes many more hours. I don't want to sound like I'm against doing research on my own, heck, I'll bet I've got a 100 hours in trying to make this phone better through learning from all of you and using your software. I would gladly give another 100 hours if I was confident that I could make some kind of progress. So far I've made things much worse than if I had left well enough alone. So, if someone in the know would like to help me by walking me through this after I have messed it up so much I would happily pay for the phone call and ? This PPC was supposed to replace my phone, pda, ipod as well as delay me purchasing a gps. If I or someone else can get to work well (and stable) I would be one very happy person.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:21 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

I'm uploading a build of no2chem's 5066 to my own personal server right now... its been modified to have an 8MB page pool for better performance.

I can guarantee you that you won't have the issues with this ROM you do with others.

As far as changes in PST, you shouldn't have any between Qwest's ROM and Sprint's. Their ## codes are the same, their MSLs are the same, the network is exactly the same (except I don't think that Qwest can roam on Alltel and Verizon)... There shouldn't be any difference other than the connection saying Sprint PCS versus Qwest.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:29 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Just hard reset my phone so I could see if there is a Qwest install. There is.

When you flash this ROM, you just dump it in the folder with RUU, flash it, then when it restarts your phone, pull your phone's battery for 30 seconds, stick it back in, power it back on... after you align the phone, its going to come up with a nueROM start up screen. Agree to the terms, then on the auto install options, choose the top option (I think its called Tier Autoinstall). Then click in the dropdown at the top (takes about 10 seconds for it to appear) and choose Qwest as your carrier. Install any cabs you need installed, then it restarts and voila, you've got the best WM 6.1 ROM there is.

EDIT: URL removed - you have a PM with the link.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 05-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd2 View Post

no2chem rocks

so hows that r0m EtherealRemnant h00ked u up with?
btw, the 50 post requirement is gone
Old 05-12-2008, 01:49 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

I don't think he's seen it yet. Although its been downloaded a few times already thanks to my stupidly posting the link in my post *bangs head against wall*
Old 05-12-2008, 01:51 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I don't think he's seen it yet. Although its been downloaded a few times already thanks to my stupidly posting the link in my post *bangs head against wall*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan