PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Startup sound issue - XV6800

Hi all. have the xv6800 for Verizon.
Since out of the box, i never had a startup sound, OR shutdown down.
I searched my windows directory for phoneon.wav, and Startup_sounds.wav, and neither are present.

So i had a small .wav file that i renamed Startup_sounds.wav, and placed it in \windows..
but now the phone will not boot in normal mode at all. it just keeps recycling itself trying to boot over and over.
I have to boot in safe mode, kill the Startup_sounds.wav file, and then it boots fine.
I have tried a coupe different .wav files (1 as small as 2kb) and it still won't boot..

am i missing something. is the xv6800 actually not supposed to HAVE startup sounds ?

my HKLM\Software\HTC\Startupanimation has the WAV location identifed as \windows\Startup_sounds.wav... so i don't know what the problem might be ?

thanks for any input!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Startup sound issue - XV6800

I noticed this to and had same issues but only i used a tweak program to set the sound and now I just live without until I find a solution. Been making sounds and tweaking regisrty for the sliding sounds just fine though Its cool
Old 05-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800

chicagojoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: Startup sound issue - XV6800

What hack do you have for changing the sound of the sliding keyboard when opening it? Thank you ahead of time for any response to this thread! I have the Verizon XV6800 and I use a program called PDA.net to tether my laptop and use it as a modem. I typically get 115kb/per sec. I do this to avoid paying Verizon the extra $15 a month! My question is what are all of you doing? Is there a better program? or way to obtain higher speeds? I thought the xv6800 was Rev O. Anyway please share your thoughts...and also let me know what the best Tweaks & Hacks are! Love you guys! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan