PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

CA_Keeper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Mogul - ReSetting Contacts to Default

How do I reset my HTC Mogul "Contacts" to Default "No Contacts"? I had the Sprint store add My contacts to my new phone, BIG MISTAKE, they use active sync (where as before I was used to the "BlackBerry" Manager. now I have created a monster, I have duplicates of all My contacts. I can restore my contacts from my back up not to include the duplicates, but I want to know how to restore the contacts on my phone to "No Contacts" then run the normal sync through active sync.

Any help would be apprecitated.
CA_Keeper
Old 05-10-2008, 10:47 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Mogul - ReSetting Contacts to Default

Welcome Here..................(Your first post)
The only way I know to do this is with PIM backup.
Download and unzip attached file. Put PIM on your sd card or any place and run it no need to install. When it loads click options in the bottom right corner and choose delete all. Click contacts and they should be gone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PIM.zip (165.2 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-10-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CA_Keeper is a n00b

Thank you for that rapid fire responce Lsme420, Do I D/L this on my phone from the ie connection? (I'm so new to this) these posts are from my computer, not the phone
CA_Keeper
Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 AM
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No you can dl the zip to your pc, unzip it with winrar/ect then copy the PIM.exe over to your phone.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

you can just unzip it and run the program on your phone, from your card is fine. Its great. Make sure you change the save folder to something on your storage card so if you hard reset, you still have your contacts.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:12 AM
The Pusher Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
you can just unzip it and run the program on your phone, from your card is fine. Its great. Make sure you change the save folder to something on your storage card so if you hard reset, you still have your contacts.
They're not saving contacts they want to erase them.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:39 AM
The Pusher Man

Ca_ I got your PM but when I tried to reply says I cant because you don't have Pm's enabled so I'll answer you PM here.((Might want to change your settings)
"CA_Keeper has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.")

Answer:
Well its not hard so I'll leave the Hard reset up to you.
There are a few ways you can do this.

1. hook the phone up usb to your pc. active sync will make a partnership and then you can go to your computer and you'll see your ppc. Open it and just drag and drop it (PIM.exe) to your sd card.

2. if you have a card reader on your pc you can take the card out of your PPC and put it in your PC's card reader, Drag the PIM.exe to your card. Then just put it back in your PPC and run it.

3. You can email it from your PC with Gmail/yahoo ect to your PPC addy @sprint.com, but you might have to rename it. EX: PIM.zip.bak .
Some email clients will not let you send a .exe. If you do it this way once you get it on your phone just use total commander to erase the .bak so its .zip again.......

4. if you have nothing on your PPC a hard reset will do it but thats a little extreme just to erase your contacts.

Hope this helps a bit more.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CA_Keeper is a n00b

Thank you again!! (I'll get the hang of this eventually!) I have changed my PM settings as well. I'll give this a try and let you know how it worked!

Thanks again
CA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan