PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Lurker

marcdonn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant recieve Text from 3rd party sites

Hi all,

I Have a wierd problem that ive been trying to resolve. I got off the phone with sprint yesterday and they said there was nothing wrong on their side. I can send text and receive texts fine to other cell phones. But when i try a service like msn alerts i dont get any sort of conformation code. Also when I try another sprint phone it works just fine. Also If i go directly to the sprint pcs website and send a text to my phone from there it will work fine. It seems thats its only third party web sites that dont work. I tried 4info too and I get the same result. Any suggestions? I did put the threaded sms cab on my phone when i first got my phone like a month ago. I dunno if that has anything to do with it. Well I thank you all for any help on this subject. Have a good day.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ejbleendreeble is a n00b
Re: Cant recieve Text from 3rd party sites

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago when I was trying to figure out how to receive and send international texts.

Sprint is simply hopeless when it comes to international texts to and from the UK (the O2 service in the UK, shown as compatible with Sprint on Sprint's own site). Sometimes they go through immediately. Sometimes they take days. Sometimes they never arrive at all.

I tried third-party sites as you did. Only one of them worked at all -- I can't remember which -- and that took hours.

I never had any problem with texts in my old T-Mobile days. Perhaps T-Mobile will take over Sprint -- as recently rumored -- and fix it ....
Old 05-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcdonn is a n00b
Re: Cant recieve Text from 3rd party sites

Ok cool thanks for the info. I thought maybe something was wrong with my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan