PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How to tell if your phone is refurbished? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26177)

fcastro 05-10-2008 03:07 AM

How to tell if your phone is refurbished?

Hi all, I just signed up and got a new phone but I am left curious as to how to tell if you got a refurbished phone or a return phone? :scratch:

bigbear0225 05-10-2008 03:41 AM

Re: How to tell if your phone is refurbished?

the way to fing out is you can call sprint and find out if the serial number is a belongs to a reconditioned phone or log on to sprint's website and register ur phone and ur account so you can be able to check ur account online and then try to upgrade, when you choose to upgrade it will tell you if the phone you got is reconditioned or not. The other way to tell is, when you take to battery door off and look at the bottom left corner of the phone look and see if the sticker over the screw has been pushed in then that will tell u if the phone has been opened or not also.

locdog 05-10-2008 03:41 AM

good question, id like to know this too!!!

RobNyc 05-10-2008 05:11 AM

When you go to the sprint store to get your phone exchanged are those refurb phones ?

EtherealRemnant 05-10-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobNyc (Post 278172)
When you go to the sprint store to get your phone exchanged are those refurb phones ?

If they didn't bring you an entirely new retail box, its a refurb.

B18DelSolT 05-10-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 278183)
If they didn't bring you an entirely new retail box, its a refurb.

Not necessarily always, but for the most part ya. the last replacement i got wasn't a referb. If you had to wait for them to order it its most likely a refurb, if you got it in store that day, than prob not.

There is an easier without the hassle of dealing with sprint :) lol, If you know your MSL number Just Dial ##778# and it says it in there ( 5th one from bottom up) Refurbishment status. I dunno if that can be reset, but i dont think so. I know it works cause when i got my mogul replaced the first time i got a refurb and just to play around i checked it, sure enough it said yes.

P.S. If you dont know how to get your MSL ID get MSL Generator

To Get Your MSL with MSL Generator
Settings - System tab - click Device Information write down your ESN (Case Sensitive), than go to GETSPC (non ppc2003) and place your ESN on the Top, on the bottom comes out your MSL code.

If you dont have MSL generator here ya go
http://rapidshare.com/files/11391170...rator.rar.html

p.s. Ignore the Current MSL ROFLING thats my moguls MSL number since i have such a bad memory i have it saved in that folder where i kept the app. MY BAD lol.

DDrake 05-10-2008 12:26 PM

Just press ##786# from the dial pad and it'll tell you

eehrhard 05-10-2008 08:56 PM

You can test the ##778# but if you have upgraded your rom I have had the status disappear. I have had 4 new moguls and 1 refurb. I knew the refurb was such because the plastic covers on the plastic on the sides of the keyboard were missing and because it had PocketPC on the bezel. I recently had that one replaced and requested a new phone which they sent to me. It was not a full kit but it was infact a brand new phone. Really you can just tell :)

Twinsen 05-12-2008 09:53 AM

Dial ##778#, click View, and see if its Refurbished there.

kyppcgeek 05-12-2008 02:13 PM

Look under the battery. it will probably tell you right away with a sticker.