PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If you have a purple-ringed Mogul, how is your GPS?
It works almost 100% of the time 12 75.00%
It is very spotty and finicky most of the time 1 6.25%
I had a grey Mogul previously and the GPS is worse on this purple one I have now 0 0%
I had a grey Mogul previously and the GPS is better on the purple one I have now 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which of you have the purple ring around your Mogul and how is your GPS?

same here, grey ringed mogul, great GPS lock

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-10-2008, 10:43 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Another coworker has now confirmed that his replacement Mogul (which has the purple ring) has better GPS function than his grey one. We actually activated the GPS on our phones from within the elevator today and got a lock within 15 seconds. It wasn't a dead on lock but it only had us off by about 50-100 feet or so.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

I have a Mogul with the purple tint to it. My guess would be that having a fresh install on updated hardware will always make things work better. Just like a PC when you reinstall after you have used and abused it.

I had one of the first Moguls from early last year. I guess they have been working on them to make them better. The buttons on my old one mysteriously stopped working so I had to get a new one. I really hope they improved on that.

I guess we can assume that HTC is updating the hardware because we are seeing things like the purple tint. The one thing I do not like is the feel of the keyboard versus the feel of the original one. The new one has a flat feel versus the more glossy feel of the old one.

Anyway my GPS worked great on both of them with the current ROM and the leaked test ROM. I think the key is to have something to activate your data connection before you use it. Some programs won't do that.

I just think it is wrong for sprint to charge an additional 5 dollars a month to use Telenav so I will use google maps and refresh as I go. I wish one of you geniuses out there would build an add on for Google maps to do voice.

I tied that commander app and it basically killed my memory and didn't work.

just my 2

donna

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan