PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Phone Won't Vibrate (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26149)

Richard Ward 05-09-2008 06:55 PM

Phone Won't Vibrate

I bought a 6800 off of eBay and everything appears to work great with the phone except it won't vibrate. It doesn't give an error or anything, just doesn't shake.

I'm running the latest Alltel ROM from HTC's website (And I'm an Alltel user...) and even before I did the GPS hack it still wouldn't vibrate.

My first thought was the battery it came with was some $3 non-OEM but to my surprise, turns out to be original HTC.

What gives? Everything else works flawlessly. Any reg hacks, magic mumbo jumbo, etc. to make this puppy purr?

markppc6700 05-09-2008 07:01 PM

Re: Phone Won't Vibrate

squeeze the sides should work after that

Richard Ward 05-09-2008 07:04 PM

Squeeze the sides? Is this a joke or some ancient Taiwanese secret that only the developers at HTC know about? Phone seems too solid to "squeeze" it...

Any other ideas? :-)

markppc6700 05-09-2008 07:11 PM

i am serious happened to mines, called sprint they could figure it out and i just squeezed it out of frustration and bbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

worked on my 6700 and my wife katana i think its cause from dropping ur phone too much LOL

Richard Ward 05-09-2008 07:13 PM

I must be rubbing mine the wrong way, LOL.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

markppc6700 05-09-2008 07:15 PM

if that didnt work, just get insurance and take it in a mont h to the store. Sprint will let u get insurance once u add a new phone to the line.

ggaeta 05-09-2008 07:48 PM

If you turned off the blinking light it also turns off the vibrate. (got info from someone else) do a soft reset. it worked for me.

ggaeta 05-09-2008 07:49 PM

or you could keep on squeezing

Richard Ward 05-09-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggaeta (Post 277675)
If you turned off the blinking light it also turns off the vibrate. (got info from someone else) do a soft reset. it worked for me.

I've done a soft reset, a hard reset, and upgraded to the latest ROM on HTC's website to no avail. I think I was running 2.x something of WM6 when I bought the phone. Now it's 3.5 I think.

Alltel would force me to wait like 2 months before I do a warranty on it and then it's a hundo to fix my bad "vibe."

The Alltel techs told me the battery doesn't make the 6800 vibrate and replacing it won't do me any good. I think they're full of it and I'm going to try it anyway...

Any other thoughts? My hands hurt from squeezing :-)

gdavis612 05-09-2008 07:59 PM

in your sounds and alerts settings are the enable sounds and warnings boxes checked? and do you have it set to ring and vibrate?