PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

caja65 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question CleaR the ESN OFF of my Mogul

Ok I Have A Slightly Used Mogul I want to sell it..but i was told that i need to clean the ESN off of my phone befor i do so. I DONT KNO HOW TO DO THAT ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APREACIATED....ALSO IM GOING TO REPORT THE PHONE LOST IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD KNO SO THAT I WOUNT GET INTO ANY TROUBLE WITH SPRINT OR THE INSHURANCE COMPANY AFTER SELLING THE PHONE ? ANYTHING WILL BE APRECIATED....THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: CleaR the ESN OFF of my Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by caja65 View Post
Ok I Have A Slightly Used Mogul I want to sell it..but i was told that i need to clean the ESN off of my phone befor i do so. I DONT KNO HOW TO DO THAT ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APREACIATED....ALSO IM GOING TO REPORT THE PHONE LOST IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD KNO SO THAT I WOUNT GET INTO ANY TROUBLE WITH SPRINT OR THE INSHURANCE COMPANY AFTER SELLING THE PHONE ? ANYTHING WILL BE APRECIATED....THANKS IN ADVANCE
clearing the ESN means calling sprint and having it released from your account.

If you report it lost, number one, the person receiving the phone from you will not be able to activate it ,secondly if you file an insurance claim on this "lost" phone, and sprint finds out that you really didnt lose it, that could get you into some trouble with sprint, and ultimately they CAN AND WILL bill you for the retail cost of the replacement they send you.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

If you report the device as "lost" you will not be able to have a clean ESN and the phone won't ever be able to be activated on any network. (Success beat me to the answer, he's totally on-point)
Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thesmacker11 is a n00b

If you report it as lost and they find out it isn't lost or stolen it is a fraudulent claim and they could take legal action.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

caja65 is a n00b
Question Re: CleaR the ESN OFF of my Mogul

Ok Thanks Alot Guys.......so I Guess There Is No Way 4 Me To Go Around And Sell This Phone....what If I Send It Out The Country Would I Still Face Any Problems?
Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dude, youre premise just doesnt make sense. Why are you going to report it lost or stolen? just call sprint and tell them that you want to remove the phone from your account. Or either let them know you will be selling the phone so that someone else can activate it.

If its slightly used, why not just sell it? maybe your not telling us everything.

Also, no the phone will not make or receive calls overseas. it is not a world phone
Old 05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

caja65 is a n00b

Ok The Thing Is I Want 2 Make A Bit Of Money....and I Still Wanna End Up Wit A New Mogul
Old 05-09-2008, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I'm kind of curious as to why you're so desperate to dump this phone if it's only slightly used. I particularly agree w/ Success and thesmacker. If you want to get rid of it, just sell it. Filing a false insurance claim will get you in more hot water than it's worth.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Ok The Thing Is I Want 2 Make A Bit Of Money....and I Still Wanna End Up Wit A New Mogul
thats swimming in shark infested waters my friend...take my word its not worth it cuz if the person you sell it to calls sprint and says "so and so sold me this phone" and then they run the esn and find out you reported it lost, then youre screwed by sprint, and will also have someone wanting to kickk your azz for sellin them a phone that cant be activated
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

isangmahal is a n00b

Quote:
Can't get something for nothing OP... I'd be careful if I were you with where you are going.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan