PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 02:43 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Refurb luck?

Okay, who has gotten refurb Moguls and how is the quality?

Here's the deal - my Mogul has a missing letter (the 's' key popped off a week after I got it) which wasn't a big deal... then it got the LED burn in on the LCD... wasn't that big of a deal... but now tonight, the backlight on the keyboard is extremely dim if it even turns on at all.

I hate to say it but I think I'm going to have to go to the Sprint store and see if they'll swap me.

But after all the hell I went through with the 6700....... I'm leary.

How have your experiences been? I literally had a 6700 that had zero issues for 9 months, then the radio went out, I got a refurb three days later, that died in less than a week, then I got another refurb (this time from Asurion), that one also died two weeks later. Then Asurion gave me my Mogul because they were out of brand new 6700s.

You can see why I'm not really wanting to do this... but its falling apart. Everyone was right. The build quality on these SUCKS!

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Refurb luck?

I had mine swapped out with a refurb back in October and have had no issues with it at all.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

kgokal is a n00b

I've been leary as well, my Comm Manager button busted, but rather have a broke button then a refurb.... keep us posted on your experience.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen

I have been doing well with my Refurb after about a month or so. When I had to get my original Mogul swapped out because of bad charger dongle, they gave me a NEW Mogul. Well somehow, the camera had a line of dead pixels that were seen before you take a pic, and when you review the pic, this time they gave me a refurb. I started to make them get me a New one since they did before, but I didn't bother.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:32 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I will see if they'll replace it with a new one but I'm not holding my breath one way or the other... we'll see what happens.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:40 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

To say the least... I'm NOT happy.

As soon as I turned on the new Mogul, I knew something was amiss. The backlight as soon as I turn the device on bleeds from THREE corners... then as soon as I tilted it, I noticed that the LCD has a ripple effect (like just the edge of the ripple) on the top left and bottom right... now when I try to provision data, it just flips between 1X and EVDO many times, at least three or four times, before IOTA comes up and says that my vision password is wrong.

Update my vision password online and it trigger the phone about 5 minutes later, then gives me error 1012.

I'm ****ing PISSED and I'm going to rip someone a new ******* tomorrow!

The only thing that is good is that the new batteries apparently are 90mAH more than the old one - 1590 versus 1500.

But I'm LIVID right now because I know its going to be HELL trying to get Asurion to take it back.

I'm about to just pay the termination fee and go elsewhere. I went through this hassle with the 6700 and I will be DAMNED if I am going to go through it again with my 6800! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

SO PISSED OFF!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

kgokal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgokal View Post
I've been leary as well, my Comm Manager button busted, but rather have a broke button then a refurb.... keep us posted on your experience.
I just picked up my refurb, and its as good as new, with 3.35 ROM.
It even had the stickers on the sliding part of keyboard.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

refurbs are usually just as good as new, there will be a bad one out of every bunch just like any other product though.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thrilsekr is a n00b

Every refurb I have ever gotten from Asurion has sucked. I have returned every last one of them. I eventually get them to give me a NEW one usually after 2 or 3 bad ones. That is how I am getting my 6800 today (upgrade from 6700). Hope it gets here soon!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

teah im going to pick up a touch refurb today

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan