PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 04:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC Mogul with Purple Band Not Grey Band as Pictured on Sprint Site

Hi all,

I just got the HTC mogul from sprint about 2 weeks ago and its today to I realized that my HTC has a purple border around the screen as opposed to the silver grey one that was pictured on the site. I think the purple looks lame imo. Is sprint no longer making the grey silver ones or is this something I have to call up and ask for?
Old 05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Mogul with Purple Band Not Grey Band as Pictured on Sprint Site

do you have any pics? I would like to see it.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

post some pics

Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'd like to see what you mean as well. Because I believe mine has a purple tint to it too. It's not really purple but it's noticible that there is a purple tint if you actually look at it. Mine is a replacement that I got when my screen cracked about a month or so ago. I'll post a picture later this evening if the starter of this thread hasn't but I'm at work and my camera is at home.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

Blkngold is a n00b

Pics, I am curious also. Although with the Seidio case, I see very little of the phone casing anyway.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800/ mogul

kento1kento@aol.com is a n00b

if your phone comes with a purple tint, that means it has the new software which consists of the built in telenav which can be found under programs, and on the main display you'll see a drop down arrow which means you can stop all programs on the main page of your phone. i work for sprint so thats how i know.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Other differences between production runs have been noticed as well. Logos, keyboard textures, etc have all been known to vary from device to device.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Other differences between production runs have been noticed as well. Logos, keyboard textures, etc have all been known to vary from device to device.
keyboard texture is also much better on the phones with the purple tint around the screen. I noticed it right away when I got the new phone.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

My new one has the same purple tint....it is semi noticable....nothing major.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

fcastro is just getting started
Exclamation Re: HTC Mogul with Purple Band Not Grey Band as Pictured on Sprint Site

Hey everyone here are pics. Personally I think the purples looks dumb and would prefer the grey. But that keyboard having better texture makes me rethink that...

Keyboard on this phone has a gritty almost rubber like feel but feels more like plastic with a thin grit. Anyone else confirm the differences between this phone and the grey/silver one?

Here are some pictures:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan