PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 04:07 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Mogul with Purple Band Not Grey Band as Pictured on Sprint Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecreyes View Post
If there are any hardware changes made to the outside, which I believe is just the angle of light reflecting off the metal trim, I do not believe there is any impact to the performance of the device, especially the GPS chip. Any changes to performance are purely software or firmware driven.
Says you... but some of us are finding the complete opposite.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan and Touch Pro

tom.etc is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tom.etc Send a message via MSN to tom.etc Send a message via Yahoo to tom.etc Send a message via Skype™ to tom.etc
Thumbs up Re: HTC Mogul with Purple Band Not Grey Band as Pictured on Sprint Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegodude View Post
I believe it is a relevant thread due to the simple fact that any hardware differences on the outside may infer that there are also hardware differences on the inside.
GPS, Screen brightness etc.
This thread is the first step in identifying which versions of the mogul are "better" than others. Even if the hardware version is the same in epst, the SN may be an identifying characteristic. I remember this with an old Sanyo i bought where half were made in Japan and half in China. Quality differences were huge and the only way to find out was the sn under the battery.
you're on point. i've seen a few mentions of this purple ring version mogul around and now i am wondering if it's "mogul baseball" time. the warranty does cover spontaneous auto-disassembly, after all. so this thread is certainly relevant to atleast me, FWIW.

edit: just noticed this was my tenth post. w00t.

Last edited by tom.etc; 05-10-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: did i forget to mention..
Old 05-10-2008, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan and Touch Pro

tom.etc is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tom.etc Send a message via MSN to tom.etc Send a message via Yahoo to tom.etc Send a message via Skype™ to tom.etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Says you... but some of us are finding the complete opposite.
any time a revision of ANY sort is made, it has to be assumed that there's more to it than is apparent, until proven otherwise. otherwise there'd be a lot fewer people making a living as QA reps.

theoretically anyway. i once worked for a software company that DIDN'T qa anything at all. poor support folk..
Old 05-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

That looks a little pink to me.... and why would they make it such a uniquely feminine color?
excuse me but pink or purple or lavender or whatever color that is should be a optional color... if that (because I doubt many would choose this color for this phone) .. a standard color for a device like this should be a more universal color.... but that's just my opinion... I don't have anything against pink or any colors in that family but I don't want to own anything that color, and at the very least I should be given a choice between this and a universal color... anyway I'm just rambling...just such a odd color choice.. I never would have expected it.... I mean even the t-mobile wing is blueish purpleish but that looks cool.... its kinda like a car color the way the two blend... but this just doesn't look cool.... lol but all that said... If the pink mogul turned out to be better than the grey one in anyway at all as far as hardware's concerned then I would be the first in line trying to swich lol and would just have to deal with the color untill something better comes to sprint.

Last edited by gxnext; 05-10-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:52 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

As has been said multiple times... you can't tell the tint on the ring unless you're shining it in the light and looking for it...
Old 05-10-2008, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b

pink or purple, doesnt matter to me. Well dont have my Mogul no more, exchanged it for a Touch like a month ago. Remember I had the purple ring on mine. It looked so fresh when I was talking on the phone and I was rockin my Air Jordan Aquas 8s. It matched so sick.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
That looks a little pink to me.... and why would they make it such a uniquely feminine color?
excuse me but pink or purple or lavender or whatever color that is should be a optional color... if that (because I doubt many would choose this color for this phone) .. a standard color for a device like this should be a more universal color.... but that's just my opinion... I don't have anything against pink or any colors in that family but I don't want to own anything that color, and at the very least I should be given a choice between this and a universal color... anyway I'm just rambling...just such a odd color choice.. I never would have expected it.... I mean even the t-mobile wing is blueish purpleish but that looks cool.... its kinda like a car color the way the two blend... but this just doesn't look cool.... lol but all that said... If the pink mogul turned out to be better than the grey one in anyway at all as far as hardware's concerned then I would be the first in line trying to swich lol and would just have to deal with the color untill something better comes to sprint.
OMFG! i just realized tonight.... mines has the pink (in my opinion its pink) tent..... my phone is refurbished i just got it about a week ago... my original one i got last October.... im pretty sure that one was totally grey. .... as everyone stated the PINK lol isn't that noticeable unless its in direct light, cuz i didn't' notice it.. well i think i did when i first got the phone but clearly i forgot all about it.... anyway i can tell you i notice no difference with the gps.. seems to work just as well as my original phones... only this phone is refurbished... and the only thing i noticed that is better on the "purple" mogul ... or at least the one i have is it doesn't have the faded white (or light) spot my previous mogul had... but then again my original mogul didn't always have that light spot.. so im sure this one will likely inherent it as well the reason i had to get the phone exchanged was because on the old one the very most lower left had corner keyboard button was giving me problems... i would have to press it twice or more to get it to do a function once... but that was honestly the only problem... i'v hard reseted, i did everything i could do short of voiding my warranty before taking it in...

Last edited by gxnext; 05-11-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

fcastro is just getting started
Arrow Re: HTC Mogul with Purple Band Not Grey Band as Pictured on Sprint Site

Sorry for those who think the color can't be seen unless hit by light. It can unless you are color blind. It matches the grey shell though because its a tint. Regardless I am still curious about differences. Everyone around here including the store have the purple tint version.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan 6800

alraune is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
Hey everyone here are pics. Personally I think the purples looks dumb and would prefer the grey. But that keyboard having better texture makes me rethink that...

Keyboard on this phone has a gritty almost rubber like feel but feels more like plastic with a thin grit. Anyone else confirm the differences between this phone and the grey/silver one?

Here are some pictures:

Wow now isnt that an ugly phone.. If you ask sprint for a gray phone your going to get a refurbished one my friend.. Keep what ya got. Get a case to cover it. They sell hard ones and soft ones. Go to the store and look around. Or look online

Windows Mobile 6.1
ROM UnOff Sprint 3.49 w/ Overlay 3.49.NO2.5069-K
Radio 3.39.10
PRL 60610
10mb Page Pool
Start Ram : 22.**mb free
Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 Diamond

nmazloum is a n00b

I have had my mogul ever since sprint came out with them and i noticed the color (pinkish to purplish) since then, i don't think its a hardware difference its just been like that for so long and no one has noticed it, i think is just what kind of light is reflecting off you phone and when it reflects, which gives it that different shades in color. also i have changed my phone many different times and it still looked the same to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan