PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing Carrier Badge

Anyone know how to remove the carrier badge from the front of a 6800 case without damaging the phone or scratching the housing all up? I work for vzw and I have a backup mogul that I use on vzw since the verizon xv6800's have given me radio issues with 3.35 and 3.37 (im on my 3rd replacement device) but my coworkers and a few customers have mentioned my "sprint" phone. I don't want to have to buy a housing and take it apart just to have no badge.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Removing Carrier Badge

You could always just cover it with a SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE from HERE.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-08-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks but just wanted to debadge it.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i dunno rubbing alchohol might work?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

mr_hyde is a n00b

Nail polish remover? Use at your own risk and keep it off your screen!
-hyde
Old 05-08-2008, 02:59 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0

How about the sugar cube trick? From what I understand, the sugar is hard enough to scratch the paint, but not hard enough to scratch the metal. I know people have used this method on other HTC devices. I actually want try this out, but haven't found the time or a sugar cube.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Quote:
Originally Posted by to0 View Post
How about the sugar cube trick? From what I understand, the sugar is hard enough to scratch the paint, but not hard enough to scratch the metal. I know people have used this method on other HTC devices. I actually want try this out, but haven't found the time or a sugar cube.
Hey, to0!

I actually tried the sugar cube trick on my old XV7600 to no avail.

If you want to try a removing solution, I suggest you test a little on the inside of the battery cover first to make sure it won't melt the plastic.
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
Hey, to0!

If you want to try a removing solution, I suggest you test a little on the inside of the battery cover first to make sure it won't melt the plastic.
ok youre really gonna have to do some explaining .... sugar cubes melting plastic? lol
Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
ok youre really gonna have to do some explaining .... sugar cubes melting plastic? lol
No.....not sugar! LOL! I mean removers like finger nail polish removers, solvents, etc.

Sugar will only get you a dusty, sticky PDA and a curious batch of hungry ants.......
Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
Hey, to0!

Hey, Berry!

Well, if my understanding is correct (will scratch paint, won't scratch metal), then it makes sense that the 6700 would get scratched up by the sugar cube, as it is all paint where that logo is. The 6800, however, has the logo on a metal part of the case.

See this thread for testimonials: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=335796

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan