PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bluetooth Defect with Mogul's? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25877)

JUSTinOC 05-06-2008 05:37 PM

Bluetooth Defect with Mogul's?

I noticed in the past 4 days straight I've been reading tons of posts and I have yet to see one reguarding a bluetooth issue the Mogul's seem to have.

When I got my Mogul, I bought a Bluetooth Headset (Motorola Motopure H12) and I noticed that after I used it, and turned the bluetooth unit off (with my phone on standby in my pocket or belt pouch) my phone could not make or receive calls. My phone would ring, I would answer it, no headset icon showing, and for some reason the could not hear me and I could not hear them. I would end the call, disable bluetooth, and try to call them back, but get the same result. Call connected with no sound. Only way to solve it was a soft-reset.

At first, I thought it was the headset, so I returned the H12 and got a H680. Problem still existed. My phone was still new so I returned it for a new replacement. Same problem. Upgraded the ROM same prob. Hard Reset, same prob.

Only work-around I could figure out was to make sure my phone was NOT on standby when turning off-my bluetooth headset. So Whatever I was doing, i would have to dig out my phone, hit the power button on the side, THEN turn off the blue-tooth. Anybody got any other ideas or have the same problem? Tried Sprint support TWICE( waste of time).

subiegsr 05-07-2008 05:21 AM

Re: Bluetooth Defect with Mogul's?

I have the same damn problem! It's quite annoying. For me to get my phone to work after using the blue tooth headset, I would have to disable my phone (basically put it in airplane mode) or do a soft reset. Just turning off the bluetooth icon on my phone doesn't fix it.

bkrosco 05-07-2008 07:40 AM

I am also having a lot of bluetooth problems. I can usually fix mine by just turning bluetooth off and then back on.

Even after it does connect with the headset, it will just drop the connection sometimes.

I also have a problem where I will use the headset to make a call. Then, 10 minutes later someone will call me and I will answer using the softkey on the phone. The problem is that it is not using the headset, the audio gets routed through the speaker on the phone.

Any ideas how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

JUSTinOC 05-07-2008 02:47 PM

No takers?

flyers2114 05-07-2008 03:13 PM

I have the same issue.....some days are better than others as far as losing the connection to the BT....almost always though I have to delete the device and start over....sometimes that works, when it does not I have to do a soft reset....pain in the arse:disgust:

ebb 05-07-2008 06:01 PM

I had this problem until I did the following (and it is in other threads). First, in case you haven't yet. you need to be on radio 3.35 and a corresponding rom (word of note: the newest radio, 3.37 has other bluetooth issues, so if you're on that, go back to 3.35). Second, delete your pairing. Third, edit the registry setting:
HKLM\Comm\Parms\AllowSuspend and change that value from 1 to 0.

Third, re-pair your bluetooth device. Fourth, get Jetware Mobile, and load it.

After these steps, I have had the issue maybe twice in a six-week period, after having it frequently before. Good luck.

JUSTinOC 05-07-2008 06:55 PM

Sweet! I'll have to give that a shot later. Good lookin out!

bkrosco 05-08-2008 09:29 AM

My ROM is 2.17.557.0 and my radio is 1.64.00.

Mine is on the US Cellular network so I'm not sure what ROMs work with this.

So, if someone can confirm what will work that would be awesome.

I also have no idea how to update the ROM, and radio.

Thanks

munkeeboy 05-08-2008 01:30 PM

never had problems with my bluetooth on my phone, it probably your firmware on your phone using right now