PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Lurker

Mogul78250 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

This is to technical for a guy like me who knows nothing about phones. Can anyone desribe what to do to set the internet settings in my htc mogul phone that has been flashed to cricket. I just want to be able to surf the net as I am paying for the service.
Thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Cricket Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: cricket

crwinger is keeping up the good workcrwinger is keeping up the good work
Re: Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

I realized some of the cabs i made were buggy (ie. to0's original regedits had the vogue button remapped to the camera shortcut inside startmenu/programs. So i changed this and a few other things to fix these problems in my cabs. I have setup Cabs individually for Cricket MMS with arcsoft 5.0.31.19, to0's MMS Fix with mortscript(can use alone is some roms where cricket mms is alrdy setup or if arcsoft is installed period, just use this cab and set up server urself as installing arcsoft over a pre-existing MMS client may not be a good idea) and I have linked DCD newest Cricket Carrier cab as I just use this instead of basically wasting my time making a new one. Now these were made over a month ago, but I never remembered to repost them....Enjoy!

DCD Cricket Cab
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vogue cricKet Cabs.zip (1.61 MB, 1104 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Titan cricKet cabs.zip (1.61 MB, 918 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Cricket!

squish_123 is a n00b

Howdy, obviously you guys have done a lot of great work getting cricket MMS to work in this thread... but your last post leaves me a little confused.

Am I understanding this right? The DCD cab simply configures a pre-installed copy of Arcsoft MMS (version matter?) to work with cricket?

I see there are cabs to auto install arcsoft MMS for the Titan and Vogue... Unfortunately I'm one of the (many?) Apache users in MMS hell. Does any of this apply to me? I have run over and over the settings in your first post with 3 different versions of Arcsoft MMS now (the two in the kitchen, and the stock verizon one for the 6700) and the closest I've ever gotten to having working MMS is to be able to send, but not to receive. (this was with the stock verizon old 3 version of Arcsoft.)

Are any of those cabs going to help me at all?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwinger View Post
I realized some of the cabs i made were buggy (ie. to0's original regedits had the vogue button remapped to the camera shortcut inside startmenu/programs. So i changed this and a few other things to fix these problems in my cabs. I have setup Cabs individually for Cricket MMS with arcsoft 5.0.31.19, to0's MMS Fix with mortscript(can use alone is some roms where cricket mms is alrdy setup or if arcsoft is installed period, just use this cab and set up server urself as installing arcsoft over a pre-existing MMS client may not be a good idea) and I have linked DCD newest Cricket Carrier cab as I just use this instead of basically wasting my time making a new one. Now these were made over a month ago, but I never remembered to repost them....Enjoy!

DCD Cricket Cab
thanks CR...i'm not sure how many people have actually thanked you for putting that into cab format...i didn't need it myself but it's good to be able to send people to both this thread and Hofo to help them out when they are stuck and your cabs make it easier for the newer people who have no idea where to turn...hope that you enjoy your week and thanks again
Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Jump Mobile

kloudrobs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kloudrobs

Ok I have had internet on my phone for a while i have the 6700 and i was able to serve most if not all websites. Its been about a month or so now, i have been forum hopping around to find out if it was just me and my sisters who's service stopped working.

MMS Works perfectly still. Data Transfer turns on and everything runs smooth. But if i want to go on internet via usb modem or just on my touch, every site i go to says you do not have access to this site. the cricket wap portal is the only site im able to get onto. The proxy im using is wap.mycricket.com port 8080... Anyone know if anything switched or the prl im using might be out of date?

Anyone else having this problem or am i just noobing my phone up lol
Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Jump Mobile

kloudrobs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kloudrobs

Yeah every site i try to go to it says error you do not have access to this site.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Lurker

thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo. is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo.

i followed all directions 2 the t i have taken my mogul back where i bought it like five times and still nothing do u haveany other suggestions as to how i can get the net working? i cant mms with no net. & also when i input the passwork cricket it defalts back 2 some other longer password no idea what it is
Old 10-23-2008, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G, Motorola I9, Motorola I930
Carrier: Sprint, Boost Unlimited, Nextel Mexico.

xxdjvalexx is a n00b

Will this work with the diamond??
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch vogue alltel

crzy20 is a n00b

i now upgraded to WM6.1 and wen i try to delete the connections string it says access denied. i will not let me delete it. a program opened internet explorer without my permision and now i cant recieve mms!!! any suggestions?

OH YA!! could any1 be able to tell me how to get it so wen i send texts it doesnt send me a text saying message was delivered by the system admin??? thnx
Old 11-11-2008, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 6800
Carrier: CricKet
Threadstarter

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdjvalexx View Post
Will this work with the diamond??
I have never used it with the diamond so I'm not sure

wow been busy didnt realize people were posting. I will try to answer all the questions. I dont have a 6700 or a 6900 so I dont know if the settings work, and I also have Vetvitos ROM on my phone What roms are you guys running? They may not have all of the software to make MMS work properly

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 11-11-2008 at 08:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan