PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

XxEastside13xX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! I cant make any phone calls or connect to internet.

I have a Sprint Mogul and All the phone functions have been disabled such as picking up a cell signal, viewing my call records, contacts, etc. I can still get text messages but thats it. This happened saturday while I was at work. When I went on break I noticed my phone was turned off which I thought was odd and when I turned it on it was ****ed up. I dont see what could be wrong other than maybe a virus or something. I called sprint and they gave me some half asssed help and ended up telling me to take it to their service center so they can take a look at it, all the while charging me a ****ing $15 service charge. I think all my contacts got erased which is a really big problem, could I somehow retrieve them or am I screwed?

I think it might have been gradual because a few days ago I noticed that I could not make any calls based off my call list (I could only enter number manually or going to contacts and then selecting a number to try). Now when I press the phone buttons or the phone icon nothing happens.

Oh yeah I also didnt want to take it to their service center because my phone is running on a hacked rom and that is against the rules right?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help! I cant make any phone calls or connect to internet.

Welcome Here...................
In the future you should try to use a program like PIM back up and keep a back up of your contacts on your pc. So if you loose them on your PPC you got a back up of your back up.
Ya I think your burnt on keeping your contacts cause it sounds like you need to hard reset. If that don't do it flash back to the newest official Sprint rom and then start over with you custom rom. As to why it happened I couldn't tell you, but I can say I've had to hard reset mine once or twice for a similar issue and no sounds.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-05-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

XxEastside13xX is a n00b
Re: Help! I cant make any phone calls or connect to internet.

Hey thanks for the help. This is a really nice forum that ive been to before but I never signed up.

Anyway sorry for sounding like a dumbass but how do I hard reset and is that going to erase my stuff. I remember reading about hard resetting when i was trying to find out how to intall a custom rom but now I forgot.

The funny part though is that I have at least two backup programs on my phone, yet I never used them because I guess I didnt expect to lose my contacts. Now I feel like such an *** because I had some numbers in there that I know im not going to be able to retrieve.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:35 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yes you will loose all your data. To do it hold down the two buttons that look like the period (.) and at the same time press your style into the little hole on the bottom that you use to soft reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan