PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Need help with sounds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25798)

pretty_ricky302 05-05-2008 08:58 PM

Need help with sounds

Ok i want to save my sounds and not. files into a file. But when i do this the phone cant find them, so there not in the sounds selection. Is there a file i can put them in, and they will be reconized?

justpctech 05-05-2008 09:41 PM

Re: Need help with sounds

Quote:

Originally Posted by pretty_ricky302 (Post 272609)
Ok i want to save my sounds and not. files into a file. But when i do this the phone cant find them, so there not in the sounds selection. Is there a file i can put them in, and they will be reconized?

no clue what a "not." file is, but for ringtones or system sounds, try putting them in the My Ringtones or My Sounds folder under the My Documents folder on your device. windows mobile looks for them there and in the /windows directory.

reeg420 05-05-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pretty_ricky302 (Post 272609)

huh.

If you are talking about your text message alerts and stuff like that.
You might need to make them a different format.

I just checked on mine. It has to be a wav file. The properties are as follows.

Bitrate-176 kbps
Audio Sample Size-8 bit
Channels-One(mono)
Audio Sample rate-22kHz
Audio Format-PCM

You probably would get away with any wav file but if you make those then I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work.

To do the conversion you can use SUPER...here
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Its an awesome program to convert just about anything to anything. And its free.

When you get the wav file put it on you device in windows\sounds. Then it should show up as an option.

If you dont want to do all that then I could it for you just attach it to a post. But SUPER is really an all around program. Highly recommended.

pretty_ricky302 05-06-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpctech (Post 272662)
no clue what a "not." file is, but for ringtones or system sounds, try putting them in the My Ringtones or My Sounds folder under the My Documents folder on your device. windows mobile looks for them there and in the /windows directory.

The files are wavs. i put them into the myringtone folder. But they dont show up in the event list. Theres no my sounds folder.

rstoyguy 05-06-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pretty_ricky302 (Post 273713)
The files are wavs. i put them into the myringtone folder. But they dont show up in the event list. Theres no my sounds folder.

Notification Sounds must go into \Windows directory and are usually WAV files. Ringers can be in \My Documents directory as a good rule to follow. Depends on what version of windows you have too.

pretty_ricky302 05-06-2008 08:23 PM

ok i see i have to put it into windows. And i cant make a folder for it. Best off keeping it where they are.

rstoyguy 05-06-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pretty_ricky302 (Post 273822)
ok i see i have to put it into windows. And i cant make a folder for it. Best off keeping it where they are.

Yep, if you aren't sure, the safe be is to throw it into \Windows. Your phone will also pick up ring tones here too. Heck, everything else is there!

pretty_ricky302 05-06-2008 08:38 PM

ya i see took my forever to scroll down. I just hate when im uploadin new apps in my phone that all the other stuff is there to.