PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

FatFrosty is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy SDHC doesn't work

Hello world! I've been good about not posting problems as they're usually already found and fixed until now, and I've been following the scene for probably around a year now.

I just turned in my phone at the local Sprint Store because most of my buttons were worn out, most notably the call button working about half the time. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes with a fresh Mogul.

With this new Mogul, the SD slot works with normal SD cards before I install the SDHC driver. After, neither the normal SD cards work or my SDHC cards. (I know there's problems with regular SD cards and the SDHC driver)

The hardware has to be working, i guess, for the regular SD cards to work so here's what I've tried so far, and in order:

-All custom software (including WM5torage which is a no-no I found out)
-Removed WM5torage from custom Rom (5060)
-Tried on a clean 5060 rom build
-Tried on a clean 5054 rom build
-Tried on a clean 3.35 build
-Installed (the driver) on the device storage with a cab on each build
-Installed on the rom with an OEM (derived from cab) with each build
-Reformatting the cards to FAT and trying again on 3.35

I'm using Vista64 so reformatting the cards to FAT might've done more harm than good if it's FAT16 instead of 32 because it didn't specify which, but then again I didn't reformat until after I tried everything else and they worked perfectly on the mogul I turned in.

Is it possible there's something wrong with the device that stops me from using SDHC (possibly intentionally from Sprint) or is there a thread I completely read over that solves my problems....?
Old 05-04-2008, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

Element is a n00b
Re: SDHC doesn't work

not sure what you are after. but if it helps, i have a 6gb sdhc card working in mine. never did anything with drivers. using newest official rom.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

8GB on mine and no additional drivers were necessary.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I have two 4gb sandisk sdhc and neither work. I guess I'mma try getting a new one and see if I still have problems. It's just weird how the normal sd's are fine. It's good to know the sdhc.777 driver isn't needed though.

Thanks for replies.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That is weird...if you have insurance, I would suggest taking it into the store and see about repair/replacement. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor

I have a kingston 4Gb and can tell you that I have had no difficulty with all of the ROMs I have used. I did reformat it once to fat 32 when I bought it. I would suggest trying a different brand of Micro SD card to be sure..They are so inexpensive now.

Also, a comment on the Vista 64, you can reformat your Micro SD in either FAT (which is FAT 16) or FAT32. I have formatted my cards into FAT32 now, the only problem is my older Card Reader no longer recognizes the FAT32 SDHC cards..

Last edited by bacspasm; 05-05-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Just a late update:
I bought a new class 6 4GB micro sd and it works fine.

The first of my old two sd cards broke in half and the second one was yelling something about an I/O error when I inserted it through a usb adapter. I used to switch them out and place the old one in my wallet (in an plastic sd holder thingy) and I guess it wore the first one out. The second one.... idonno... but I'm happy again.

Long live the internet and you people.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i-mate ULTIMATE 9502

jonbc72 is a n00b

I have a i-mate 9502 and tried using an 8GB SDHC card which doesn't read. I downloaded SDHC.777 cab and it works but after a while the card reads with no file and sometimes freezers up. Please could someone help me on this one.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cire001 is a n00b

from what ive read in other posts the brand of card could be the problem .. especially if you bought it on Ebay .. that could be your issue..
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

just an fyi, the most common problem of flash memory is people not removing it from the system properly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan