PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Klassykvn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! I tried flashing Mogul w/ Titan Unlocker and now Its locked!

can someone tell me how to install OLI 2.4 on my Mogul?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzero View Post
is the second link that you provided the one that I would want if I am trying to flash over to cricket or is it solely for opening your phone for homebrew and custom roms?

Limegrntaln said that the ideal way was to flash it with black pill. supposedly its designed for cricket.
nonzero,

I'm guessing you can use just about any ROM you would like (even the one you have on now) to switch to cricket (black pill might very well be the best for cricket though idk really).

Quote:

I'm going to check out the activesync part in flashing for dummies

If your still having problems with active sync there is another route you can use to update your phones ROM that is pretty simple and works much better than active sync IMO. When you download a ROM there is one file (the largest one about 40-100mb) with a .nbh extension (RUU_Signed.nbh i think it is off hand) . If you take this file rename it TITAIMG.nbh, put it on a SD card (that is formated to fat32), and bring up the oilpro2.4 boot loader tri color screen (by pressing camera, power, and reset with stylus) it will automatically detect that TITAIMG and start to install your new ROM (which is basically that TITAIMG.nbh file) via the SD card.

Only problem is most of the time that .nbh file is packed up in install shield wizards (i use zipscan to get it out)

I have never switched carriers on my phone but looking at that howardforums link you posted all you really need to do is change some settings in EPST (phone number, Min1/2 MSID ect....) and update the PRL (which is really easy if ur phone is already alltel as the code is just 000000 and no need for GetSCP).

I would go with the second route I mentioned, do unlocker(oilpro2.4) then official sprint update (this will update your radio and ROM to newest) then just run whatever custom ROM you want (i haven't heard anything bad about blackpill) or maybe even make your own ROM using the ppcgeeks kitchen (if you have time to read up some how to).

Hope this helps ya

Last edited by DerekV; 05-02-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe this is the oilpro2.4 bootloader/unlocker
Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
My friend found a program that restored my phone. Now I'm back at square one. So do I need to use a new version of Titan Unocker containing Olipro2.4? Or is there a different unlocker containing v.2.4? On the thread where I dled the version of titan unlocker said it was for updating from 2.xx to 3.xx. I'm trying to install Alltel 3.04.67. However, once I use the titan, it writes to my phone. Once it writes to my phone, ActiveSync no longer works, making it impossible to write a new ROM.
I think the issue is activesync. Every single problem i've had so far is with activesync. Does anyone else have issues with this?

It would big help if you could send me a link to whatever program your friend used to fix your Titan. Im have the same problem, and i cant get it fixed. Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekV View Post
nonzero,

I'm guessing you can use just about any ROM you would like (even the one you have on now) to switch to cricket (black pill might very well be the best for cricket though idk really).

If your still having problems with active sync there is another route you can use to update your phones ROM that is pretty simple and works much better than active sync IMO. When you download a ROM there is one file (the largest one about 40-100mb) with a .nbh extension (RUU_Signed.nbh i think it is off hand) . If you take this file rename it TITAIMG.nbh, put it on a SD card (that is formated to fat32), and bring up the oilpro2.4 boot loader tri color screen (by pressing camera, power, and reset with stylus) it will automatically detect that TITAIMG and start to install your new ROM (which is basically that TITAIMG.nbh file) via the SD card.

Only problem is most of the time that .nbh file is packed up in install shield wizards (i use zipscan to get it out)

I have never switched carriers on my phone but looking at that howardforums link you posted all you really need to do is change some settings in EPST (phone number, Min1/2 MSID ect....) and update the PRL (which is really easy if ur phone is already alltel as the code is just 000000 and no need for GetSCP).

I would go with the second route I mentioned, do unlocker(oilpro2.4) then official sprint update (this will update your radio and ROM to newest) then just run whatever custom ROM you want (i haven't heard anything bad about blackpill) or maybe even make your own ROM using the ppcgeeks kitchen (if you have time to read up some how to).

Hope this helps ya

I install the old version of olipro, now im stuck in tro colour mode, will i be able to install the olipro 2.4 the same way. And what shouuld i do, step by step

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan