PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 04:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: cricket

nonzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do I need an Alltel ROM when flashing a Mogul from Alltel to Cricket

Im trying to flash an Alltell 6800 Mogul over to Cricket service, however, in a thread I read pertaining to a Sprint Mogul, the instructions say to, "run titan unlocker... & After words Run the Alltel ROM and let it install." Is this necessary if my phone is already an alltel phone?

Also, is the VX6800 the same as the Mogul? The term is used on the same page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 6800
Carrier: CricKet

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Do I need an Alltel ROM when flashing a Mogul from Alltel to Cricket

I have a Sprint mogul unlocked with Olipro flashed with the alltel rom 3.37.20 radio and flashed with the black pill on cricket. Does that answer your question? Its easier to flash it with a cricket rom like the black pill because everything is already loaded for cricket. but you can load the 1050 cricket PRL and get on the network.

So I have titan unlocker, then Alltel Rom, then flash the black pill. set up the settings for wap etc and you are on cricket.

I would get with Vetvito he is the cricket expert. and the XV6800 is just Verizons version on the phone its the same thing, they are all titans.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

The reason you're supposed to install the alltel rom is because it has the most current radio.

Once you've installed that rom, you can flash to any other rom you want to use. As Limegrn said, life is much simpler if you use one of the roms built for cricket. I'd recommend using Mooingrhinocero's rom, because it includes a fix for a bug in picture messaging. I'm not sure if Vito's roms have a similar fix, but they definitely have a "cool factor" that nobody else's roms have.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Thanks. Never heard of black pill. However, I'm now having a problem with the titan unlocker. As soon as it begins the update process, activesync fails, and i have to remove the battery. Any advice on that
Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzero View Post
Im trying to flash an Alltell 6800 Mogul over to Cricket service, however, in a thread I read pertaining to a Sprint Mogul, the instructions say to, "run titan unlocker... & After words Run the Alltel ROM and let it install." Is this necessary if my phone is already an alltel phone?

Also, is the VX6800 the same as the Mogul? The term is used on the same page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello nonzero...judging from what you said ...i think you read the old thread over at HOFO...it needs to be updated a bit...you don't need to unlocker from that thread it's an older one...for the newer roms you want oilpro 2.40 and it's here in the forum in the upgrade section(Titan Flashing for Dummies i believe is what that thread is called) and you just unlock it with that particular unlocker for these newer roms...the old olipro version will NOT work with these roms so make sure its the 2.40...especially if you use either rom from vetvito(his thread is here and his roms are really nice) or mooingrhinicero on HOFO...try using that one and see if it's better
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Screw it. I paid 50 to get it flashed over to cricket. I know I could have done it if there was a detailed walk through, but even the flashing for dummies couldn't explain some things to me (such as where to get the latest alltel rom. Not even the alltel site or HTC had a new version, and I couldn't find them in the forums ne where) Now that I have it flashed over, I would like to know where I can download the black pill rom. Is there a forum on the pros and cons and features for the different ROMs out there?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 6800
Carrier: CricKet

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Loading the black pill flashes it over to cricket, you still have to unlock it. If you only paid $50 you probably didn't get it fully unlocked. on the right side of the phone hold down the power (top) button and the Camera (lower) button at the same time while pressing soft reset the little hole in the bottom of the phone to see if there is an unlocker installed. if its not unlocked it still needs to be unlocked to install the black pill. (press the soft reset again to take it out of the rainbow screen)

All they probably did for you was load the 1050 PRL so you could make calls on the cricket network. Which takes maybe 30 seconds.

At any rate here is the link to vetvitos black pill its the 3rd one down

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18836
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan