PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What to do with broken 6800
Repair it. 8 9.76%
If I can repair it tell Sprint it was destroyed, thus having another 6800. 18 21.95%
Call Sprint to get a replacement. I have full coverage. 55 67.07%
Just use it as is. 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Foreverunstopable is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shattered Screen.... What to do.

Well driving home tonight I somehow shattered my 6800 screen while it was in my pocket. Its spider cracked one inch down and one inch left of the upper right hand corner under the upper layer of the touch screen.... I can use most of the functions within the touch screen but not all of it. I have the full Sprint coverage but was curious if

1. I can repair it?
2. If I can repair it tell Sprint it took a swim in the Gulf never to be seen again. Thus I would have a backup 6800 for whatever.
3. I should just call in the replacement phone.

Any ideas? I'm not in a big rush because I can do everything I need to with the touch screen area available.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Shattered Screen.... What to do.

i've actually had my eye out for a cheep broken screen mogul to wire into dash as/with carputer.
gotta have clean esn though.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

exactly what happened to me. except i dropped it. and the insurance at verizon does not cover dropping, so i went on eBay, bought a $50 replacement screen for the mogul/xv6800/ppc6800. replaced the LCD screen myself, went to the store, and the new employee didnt even look if the void sticker was there (which is wasnt). she gave me a brand new one and i was outta there in 10 minutes.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FalloutMan is just getting started

if you tell sprint that you lost it or it went for a swim etc., they will mark the esn as stolen/lost and it will be unusable and unactivateable.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Take it to a service and repair store and just get it taken care of either by repairing or replacing at no cost.

When you tell Sprint you lost a phone, it *should* be marked as lost/stolen, and then you are going to have to explain why you need to clear that lost flag if you ever activate it again.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann

You've got full coverage. Better to just replace it than void that by repairing it yourself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan