PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Carrier: Sprint

jfolliard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Active sync help!!!

OK - I'm stuck. Suddenly I cannot sync my Mogul with my PC. The device is connected ok (I use the USB cable) because activesync tools explore and add/remove programs work just fine.

But the sync button is greyed out. when I connect the usb cable it returns an error message - see the two screen images attached to this post.

I've rebooted both the device and pc and I have disabled all software firewalls.

What's strange is that this just happened out of the blue.

I'm at wit's end - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture2910822415.JPG (15.0 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Capture29108224034.JPG (16.2 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Active sync help!!!

You might want to try deleting the partnership from the phone and pc, then retrying.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks - one thing I just noticed is that it seems to think my device is a "Guest" whereas when it was working it listed the device as "WM-Owner"

I'm a bit of a noobie on this so please bear with me.

The "Delete Mobile Device" option in the file drop down menu is also greyed out! So I don't think I can do that by the direct method?

Plan B?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:13 AM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Is the phone connected when you're trying to delete mobile device from the drop down? If so, try disconnecting. After you get it deleted from there, on your phone go to start>programs>activesync>menu>options>then tap and hold on the name of your pc and select delete. That will delete the partnership from the phone as well.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
Is the phone connected when you're trying to delete mobile device from the drop down? If so, try disconnecting. After you get it deleted from there, on your phone go to start>programs>activesync>menu>options>then tap and hold on the name of your pc and select delete. That will delete the partnership from the phone as well.
that worked! Doubt that I would have ever thought of disconnecting the mogul to allow a deletion of the partnership but it sure makes sense. I was ready to uninstall and reinstall active sync all together which might have worked too.

Thanks a million - I love this forum!

Jack
Portland, Ore.

Last edited by jfolliard; 04-30-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:36 AM
VIP Member

Anytime...glad I could help!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Lurker

jedisrus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
I just did that and now I don't have the sync option on Activesync on my Mogul. How do I set it up now?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
I just did that and now I don't have the sync option on Activesync on my Mogul. How do I set it up now?
Not sure exactly what you mean. Can you be more specific? Are you having the same problem as the original post?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

llaeroprepll is a n00b

it seems that active sync always wants to run on my mogul. are there more settings to keep that from happening. throughout the day when i check running programs active sync always seems to be there...

thanks in advance...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

rimirele is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaeroprepll View Post
it seems that active sync always wants to run on my mogul. are there more settings to keep that from happening. throughout the day when i check running programs active sync always seems to be there...

thanks in advance...
I just bought a Mogul and I also noticed this. Can anyone say if this is normal, or is there a setting we have to change for it to stop. Why would Active Sync try to run without connecting the Mogul to a computer anyway? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan