PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

faustt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
buggy WM6 even after hard reset and reflash

Hey guys. I recently bought a Mogul from sprint and so far couldn't be more happy with a phone. I've been trying out various apps/tools to tweak it how I like it etc... I tried a few custom roms, but decided just to stick with the current sprint stock rom. I finally found all the apps that do what I want and have the UI all setup, then... disaster!

About 2 days ago my phone just started locking up randomly. It would happen while doing anything. Looking through files, working in pocketCM, changing settings, pretty much anything. After getting tired of soft resetting about every 5 minutes I decided to do a hard reset. Took out the battery, let it sit there for a few minutes, and rebooted it.

Heres where things took a turn for the worst. After I had calibrated the screen, the popup for sprints customizations came up. I let it do it's thing, but it locked up while installing something... PPST I believe. So I soft reset and figure, I don't need the sprint crap anyway. Windows boots, and everything just starts popping up with errors. file explorer, contacts, phone, basically everything. I thought, alright, I'll just reflash the rom (sprints current stock rom and radio). Even after the reflash it's just as buggy and the phone is basically unusable. I tried No2chem 2.0 rom for the hell of it, and I still get the same thing.

Anyone dealt with anything like this before?

relevant info:
Mogul/Titan/6800
3.35.651.2 rom
3.35.04 radio
2.40 oli boot loader

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Let me know if anymore info is needed.

Would relocking the phone to the stock bootloader make a difference? I haven't tried it because I can't seem to find anything concrete about relocking 3.X roms.

I like to think of my self as pretty tech savy, but I'm new to the whole PPC thing, so I have a bit of learning to do . Thanks!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

faustt is a n00b
Re: buggy WM6 even after hard reset and reflash

Bump.

No change with my stability on my 6800. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Here is where you goofed. See quote below.

Quote:
Heres where things took a turn for the worst. After I had calibrated the screen, the popup for sprints customizations came up. I let it do it's thing, but it locked up while installing something... PPST I believe. So I soft reset and figure, I don't need the sprint crap anyway. Windows boots, and everything just starts popping up with errors.
If the phone goofs after a hard rest, hard reset again. Its wise to perform 2 back to back hard resets because then you're efficiently wiping the slate clean.

The reflash was abit much and from there I'm at a loss because it was an unessasary step.

You did say you were new to PPCs so don't fret, just chalk it up as a learning expirience under your belt. I'm hoping you signed you for the "Total equipment protection" plan.
If not, do it now from your online account or another phone and let them (Sprint TS) know you had an major issue with upgrading to the 3.35 ROM.
You should be able to get a replacement. Fortunately you messed up with the stock ROM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

actually Im pretty sure that I did read something about having to relock the mogul before you flash to a sprint rom. Maybe thats why its messing up and never really took the sprint rom.

But Im new to the mogul...with plenty of experience on the apache I thought it was gonna be a breeze flashing and such but when I got to reading it was definatly different enough to make me nervous about doing it. Thats how I seen the relocker thread.

actually I just found something.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12041

check out that thread. That might have been where I read it.

I seen in there that you might have problems flashing an older radio. So get the lastest sprint update with the newest radio.

Last edited by reeg420; 05-01-2008 at 07:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan