PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

resq-comm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wet Mogul.......

ok, short on time, due to an appointment, i did a brief search but could not locate the info i needed.

here it goes, spilled sweet tea on phone. will power on, but makes randdom calls and is just acting funky altogether.

i have a new phone being sent but want to try to get the existing address book off in the event that the phone craps out before the new one arrives.
here is the kicker, my fiance never sync'd her phone and now i can't get it to sync. all i get is an error on the computer that the usb device is malfunctioning. i can still send email and make calls, but have to turn the transmitters off immediately when through.

if i knew what file or folder i needed i could probably figure it out from there.

thanks so much in advance,

Adam
Old 04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Re: wet Mogul.......

Hi friend, the solution i can think of for you is PIM Backup, it runs from your memory card and backs up everything like numbers and appoitments etc... then when you get ur new phone just put the memory card in the new one run it and your good to go. hope this helps
Old 04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc-6800

countervirus is a n00b

as posted above pim backup is awesome! before i used that. i used yahoogo! and that synced up my contacts with my yahoo email account. it also works pretty well.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: sprint

kursive is a n00b

Hey, its probably just still wet inside. Take the battery out, buy some of that crystal cat litter...its basically silica gel. You can find it at pet stores. Fill a ziplock up with it and put the phone in and seal it up, let it sit a couple days and try it then. It may work, this has saved many phones from doom, it does work.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Captivate
Carrier: Rogers

acwyau is a n00b

You could also setup a free exchange account at mail2web.com and get the contacts, appointments, etc. synced with their server. Once you get your new phone, it'll automatically sync back.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible Droid
Carrier: VZW

abgamboa80 is becoming a great contributor

you can also just copy the pim.vol file from the root directory to your memory card. when you get the new one. rename the one on the new device and copy and paste back. reboot and its a go. Has worked for me on stock rom and no2 5060. contains contact, calander and tasks.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

As long as you let the phone dry it will function normally afterwards. This is the case with most electronics. If you don't want to wait a few days using the silica and plastic bag, you can take the batter cover off (without the battery) and blow dry it from the back. The LCD portion might take longer to dry since the isn't much air that can get to the inside. I've dropped my Treo in the toilet before and blow drying is the method I used. Happened on my friends Blackberry too a few days ago. Blew dry it for about 30 - 45 min and let it sat. Next day it was working fine again. What you don't want to do is try to operate it while it's wet. Once it's dry and working again you can resync or just download a trial copy of SPB back up and back it up so you can restore the back up into your new phone. Good luck.

Last edited by aznmode; 04-28-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: AT&T

rsohne is just getting started

I also read you can let it sit overnight in a bag of rice. Works the same as the silica gel I guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan