PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

azz777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera(mini) sucks battery like vampire

I am using the latest sprint rom of my mogul, with latest opera(mini) and Esmertec Jbed.
If I play opera(mini) few minutes before sleep and don't kill the process and just press the power to turn off the screen, then when I wake up the next day, my battery is down to 20%.
But if I do the same with PIE, my mogul battery is down to 95% the next day morning.

I'd love to use opera mini all the times, anyone know how to fix the battery issue? thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Opera(mini) sucks battery like vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by azz777 View Post
I am using the latest sprint rom of my mogul, with latest opera(mini) and Esmertec Jbed.
If I play opera(mini) few minutes before sleep and don't kill the process and just press the power to turn off the screen, then when I wake up the next day, my battery is down to 20%.
But if I do the same with PIE, my mogul battery is down to 95% the next day morning.

I'd love to use opera mini all the times, anyone know how to fix the battery issue? thanks
i really dont know why PIE wouldnt drain the battery as much as opera would. i run opera mobile 8.6, and it uses half the RAM PIE does, so im assuming that means less battery usage. theres no real way around this, except to kill the app in task manager. sorry.

**If there is a reg fix, i doubt it will increase the battery life significantly.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:20 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hmmmm thats weird... I wouldnt know if its opera mini cuz i dont use it (it sux) i use opera mobile 9.5 and when i put it to sleep the battery stays almost the same so from my experience id say theres a leak in opera mini (yuck)
Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

Happened to me once and I may have figured it out. Check out your lights. I'm running WIFI for data btw. Sometimes if I sleep it from Opera the WIFI light will stay flashing; drains the battery overnight. If I notice it and throw the switch, no problem. Soft resetting fixes it as well. Unsure if this is your problem.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Bell.ca CDMA)
Carrier: Bell

acarnut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by azz777 View Post
...I'd love to use opera mini all the times, anyone know how to fix the battery issue? thanks
The Opera Link feature in OMini4 will try to sync your bookmarks to opera.com every 10 minutes - that may be your problem; I don't think you can turn it off other than to kill the application.

When I'm trying to save battery life, I just exit out of the app and use the history feature to see where I was when I start it back up.

Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan