PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul youtube/myspace video codec? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24804)

DDrake 04-27-2008 10:17 AM

Re: Mogul youtube/myspace video codec?

This worked!! Finally!!!YES!!!! Thank you!!

csmithct 04-27-2008 02:38 PM

Im only extracting 1 file out of this zip file. What am i do n wrong. If you respond please kind with your words and dont assume that I should no what to do just because i have a smartphone ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for any reply with instrustion.......I downloaded to my device by draging and droping it to my phone via "My Computer" (ActiveSync)....Help, I want to watch some videos guys and gails. I've had this phone for one weeks and have made some minor upgrades like my today screen but thats all ive been able to do with ease. I dont no the first thing about a registry on the HTC6800. I want to get a flick scroll program for contacts,email, etc. Also, iphone interface or icube or iiiiiiisomething. I'm bot to go crazy. I thought it would be easy to transfer programs and upgrade but laaawwdd have meerccy.
Somebody please get a brotha started.

chappy 04-27-2008 02:52 PM

Make sure you are going to the real version of the site, not the mobile version. There should be a link at the bottom of the mobile version page to switch it to desktop version.

matty032 04-27-2008 06:40 PM

what's wrong with just using Vtap? It pulls in all the you tube video.

gmfeny 04-27-2008 07:14 PM

HTC Streaming Media also works for playing videos off of m.youtube.com and i think it works for the non mobile youtube website also... VTap videos are choppy and dont come in clear i wouldn't recommend it to my enemy lol ne wayz, also with PIE i go to ytpocket.com and IMHO is the best youtube site for the phone the video quality is excellent and it uses TCPMP to open but you might need to download a .flv plugin for it

syanni85 04-28-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmithct (Post 262795)
Im only extracting 1 file out of this zip file. What am i do n wrong. If you respond please kind with your words and dont assume that I should no what to do just because i have a smartphone ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for any reply with instrustion.......I downloaded to my device by draging and droping it to my phone via "My Computer" (ActiveSync)....Help, I want to watch some videos guys and gails. I've had this phone for one weeks and have made some minor upgrades like my today screen but thats all ive been able to do with ease. I dont no the first thing about a registry on the HTC6800. I want to get a flick scroll program for contacts,email, etc. Also, iphone interface or icube or iiiiiiisomething. I'm bot to go crazy. I thought it would be easy to transfer programs and upgrade but laaawwdd have meerccy.
Somebody please get a brotha started.

you should be gettin 3 files out of the zip i attached... try using pocket rar found here http://www.bestsoftware4download.com...-ujwaliqb.html and then download the zip directly to your device and open it with pocketrar... then just follow the directions from my post.

As for your iphone contacts, try www.pocketcm.com there are finger friendly contacts, calendar and image viewer there... installation and customization instructions are there as well.

Lemme know if that works for ya.

dudeman 04-30-2008 10:32 PM

thanks! it worked like a charm!! and it's nice too!

dishe 05-01-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty032 (Post 263045)
what's wrong with just using Vtap? It pulls in all the you tube video.

No it doesn't, at least last time I tried it.

Vtap recompresses the video, and its quality was gawd awful compared to the original flv hosted on youtube.

I think that whoever designed the application tried to make it more friendly on slower cpu devices with limited bandwidth. There's no reason you can't play a full fledged youtube flash file on a mogul with evdo.

Installing the flash video bundle mentioned earlier here is all you need to make it work. It sits on top of internet explorer and recognizes links to videos, and asks if you want to play, save, or email the video to someone else.
Best part is, it works with all the major streaming media sites: Youtube, Veoh, Google Video, MegaVideo, tvlinks, etc...

oh, AND since it is integrated into internet explorer, it will work if someone sends you a link to a video as well! No filtering or special application needed to find and launch video.

htc_mogul_PPC 05-04-2008 06:50 PM

syanni85 Thanks for posting those files. I wasn't able to get my mogul to play anything from you tube prior to following your instructions. :headbang:

aaronpoweruser 05-04-2008 09:20 PM

its in beta and by skyfire plays all online video natively