PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Threaded SMS Woes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24718)

SilentBenton 04-23-2008 03:00 AM

Threaded SMS Woes

I really like having threaded sms built into WM6.1. I'm using DCD's 3.0.4 kitchen and it seems that ever since I've been using the standard text messaging program I've been having problems.

1. After a soft reset I lose some of the more recent messages in my inbox.
2. After a soft reset my phone will randomly resend an older message. I've tried to find a pattern as to which gets resent, but there isn't one.

I have tried many things to fix these problems, but nothing seems to work. I'm back to using the Palm threaded sms app, but I really preferred the native threaded sms. Does anyone have solutions to either of these problems or am I the only person with these problems?

puff 04-23-2008 03:07 AM

Re: Threaded SMS Woes

no2chem 5060 threaded sms is on, but i use pocketCM mostly

works for me :mrgreen:

justinm0424 04-23-2008 08:56 AM

I've been wondering the same thing. Its weird bc sometimes i'll lose a whole day of messages and other times i might not lose anything

Success100 04-23-2008 09:10 AM

im using 6.0 stock on touch and this happened to my mogul and happens on my touch.

Twinsen 04-23-2008 10:59 AM

No problems with Cody Threded SMS. :D

mike_85_ripper 04-23-2008 11:10 AM

i'm also wonderin about the disappearing sms sometimes after soft reset. i haven't been able to find a solution

billyman 04-23-2008 12:57 PM

Cody Threaded SMS is way better that the stock threaded SMS. I didn't like how it doesn't show you the date AND time and a few other insignificant traits. But when I installed Cody's Threaded SMS (after using the stock SMS), all my text messages from the past 2 days were re-downloaded. I think it's a glitch in the stock threaded SMS.

Good luck w/ it.

SilentBenton 04-23-2008 02:48 PM

I'm using the CodyPPC version now, but I liked having my messages in the same place as my email, and I like having it built in instead of having to use a separate program. Another complaint...with the CodyPPC version I can't see what I'm typing if I use an on screen keyboard.

Verix 04-23-2008 02:52 PM

You people need to upgrade to 6.1! It's integrated, and works flawlessly!

Fuzzy Wuzzy 04-23-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentBenton (Post 257420)
I really like having threaded sms built into WM6.1. I'm using DCD's 3.0.4 kitchen and it seems that ever since I've been using the standard text messaging program I've been having problems.

1. After a soft reset I lose some of the more recent messages in my inbox.
2. After a soft reset my phone will randomly resend an older message. I've tried to find a pattern as to which gets resent, but there isn't one.

I have tried many things to fix these problems, but nothing seems to work. I'm back to using the Palm threaded sms app, but I really preferred the native threaded sms. Does anyone have solutions to either of these problems or am I the only person with these problems?

Don't soft reset using the reset button, instead hold the power button down and shut it from there.

It is because the texts are still in the RAM and if you turn it off using the power button, the texts get sent to the ROM.

By the way, I would use Cody's Threaded SMS in 6.1, but I guess there is that problem where if you install it on 6.1, your email window won't show up.