PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Lurker

dani_california is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
omg i want to throw my mogul out the window.

so.. i took a phone call this morning at 6am. i unplugged it from the charger, got ready for work and left.

it is 1:30pm and i tried sending a text. it wouldn't go through so i went and did a soft reset. immediately after, i got an influx of messages that were timestamped for 8am?! and on top of that, the battery life had dropped to 20%!!! it usually gets that low at around 10pm.

i'm so frustrated with this phone. i'm about to break up with it.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dani_california is a n00b
Re: omg i want to throw my mogul out the window.

the battery just died.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

sorry to hear about all that. if you have insurance you should try to bring it out to sprint store and see if they can replace it.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work

yeah insurance is your best bet if the device is truly screwed up. it may be some software you have running that is causing conflicts. narrow it down and then go from there.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

Verix is a n00b

Why would you have to use insurance on a phone that is still covered under the manufacturer warranty, so long as there is no physical/liquid damage? You should be able to head back to the store for a (a) replacement or (b) sending the handset to a certified technician for repair. Being it's UTStarcom, I don't even believe they allow 3rd parties to repair their phones. I'm a technician, and I don't believe they allow us to become certified for repairing their phones, and we're already certified by Motorola, Nokia and Samsung.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

billy54554 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to billy54554

The same thing was happening with my Mogul. It would not received calls or texts when they were initially sent. When I would wake up the phone, all texts and calls that were made to the phone while it was asleep would be received. The calls would be marked as missed calls. I took it to a Sprint store and was told that this was a known problem with the Mogul and the Touchand that ordering me a new phone would not do any good since it would be running the same software. I made sure that the store noted this on my account record. When I got home I called Sprint asked to speak to account management dept, told them what the store said. they checked my account record and told me they would send me a brand new Mogul. I received it yesterday. Brand new. Try it!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

insurance also for loss, theft, break it, etc.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sounds like you may have a program running that is suckin ur battery dry...also if you work in a place where ur phone is constantly searching for a signal this causes a huge battery drain...for that reason I bought a spare home charger and I plug it in at work whenever I get a chance...

if you don't think its either of these things then definintly take it back for a new one...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan