PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with Windows Media Player

Im having this odd issue with Windows Media Player. It will play music but only in 25-30second, usually 28 second segments. No matter where i start the song in the progress bar, it only plays 28 seconds and then goes to the next song. I tried playing music that was on the internal memory and my microSD card, neither worked fine. I then tried playing a long 30MB file music podcast and i had an error that said "Not Enough Storage is Available to Complete This Operation"

I used to listen to music on here all the time and have never had this problem with any of my windows mobile devices going back to WM2003 on my Axim even. Has anyone else had or seen this problem or have any idea how to fix it?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: Problem with Windows Media Player

when you transferred the music to your device did you use wmp from your desktop/laptop to sycn them? if so did you have encryption and drm turn off? can you try and use htc audio manager to play the file and see if it plays thru? this way we can elimitate the problem being the actual file and blame the problem in windows media player for mobile devices...

Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes ive done the sync of my music to the storage card with WMP on my desktop. But i also tried to play other files, non-DRM like the podcast i downloaded direct from a website and manually moved over to the device.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

to my knowledge wmpmo uses a cache system when playing files...the bigger the file the bigger the cache gets...as far as playing podcasts im not very sure it does...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The file size is 30MB but that is irrelevant.. its an .mp3 file thats about an hour long. I have compressed DVDs to a few hundred MB and watched them on WMP on WM before, so i KNOW its capable of doing it. Something is definitely WRONG with it.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
when you transferred the music to your device did you use wmp from your desktop/laptop to sycn them? if so did you have encryption and drm turn off? can you try and use htc audio manager to play the file and see if it plays thru? this way we can elimitate the problem being the actual file and blame the problem in windows media player for mobile devices...
HTCAudio manager... does this do the same job as WMP-Mobile? I am fed up with the M$ product and looking for an alternative. TCMP does not work with 6.1 ...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Retired Staff

yes does the same
Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

For those fed up with wmp, google GSPlayer. Its free, has a great built in equilizer and WOW HD features that I lost with wm6.1. Skinnable too! Supposedly it will stream audio but I haven't tried it yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan