PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Resync doubled contacts...

Ok so my 102 contacts is now 204 but not cuz i got super popular over, after hardreset i resynced my phone an it DOUBLED the contacts back onto my phone, anyway to get around goin through one by one an deleting them.?? thanks...

ive also searched, an it seems everyones problems are opposite of mine, they're mainly unable to get their contacts back period im havin an issue of TOOOO many lol..

Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

IBGregR is a n00b
Re: Resync doubled contacts...

The only time I saw that happen is when I tried to restore my contacts via PIMBackup (or whatever it is called) and then let my phone sync with our exchange server. In my case it doubled them on the phone AND the exchange server so I just used Outlook to delete the duplicates as it is easier than trying to do it on the phone. Unfortunately, once they are there...they are there and you will have to delete them manually.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh well i guess ima do what u did than an just erase'm outta outlooks... than if i just resync well it only copy the one set of contacts an not double'm..??
Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

IBGregR is a n00b

If you make changes in outlook and then resync it should make the phone look like outlook
Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

k ima give it a shot.. i been messin with this wisbar shyt, how confusing dude lol...
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

psyco is a n00b

So when you sync the phone to your computer, it automatically saves your contacts???.......I have syncd my phone and I can't find a contacts folder....What am I missing.......the search option isnt helping any...
Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

im not sure what kinda computer u have, but i have a new compaq an it came with the newer version of outlook with Vista Premium, an when i open Outlook theres actually a "contacts" icon that i can click an see all my contacts...
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I had the same problem and I think it was because of Windows Live Messenger....which is now windows dead messenger on my laptop. Every time I synced my phone it would re-add my contacts. So, I ended up with up to 6 of everyone. Real PITA. Disabeld WLM and don't have the problem anymore.

David
Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

happens to me with all the default contacts, such as "*2 customer service" i think it has something to do with how the device handles conflicts. (exchange defaults)

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It used to be with ActiveSync you had the option of combining when you reset the PDA. You had to be careful or you got double. This does not seem to happen with Vista (no options), in my hands. I have had to reset many times because there are so many sync errors. I have found you will get a synch error requiring replacement of all contacts if you interrupt a sync in progress, so I watch out as I have 3000 contacts... not popular, just the end result of a long career in academics.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan