PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   all incoming calls unknown? dont know what to do.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24583)

spiritcrusher33 04-21-2008 07:08 PM

all incoming calls unknown? dont know what to do..

k got my mogul right before the new update ( rom ).. anyway installed the rom.. activated it, noticed that all my incoming call regardless of being in my contacts.. would come unknown caller. so lived with it for a month, then decided to hard reset, the problem still there.. so re-installed the rom. still nothing.. what am i missing here? is the caller id faulty on this phone>\?

Hafrust 04-21-2008 07:20 PM

Re: all incoming calls unknown? dont know what to do..

Could be a network issue. I had a similar issue in the past and someone at tech support was able to get it working.

DaveTN 04-21-2008 09:38 PM

Check to see if all your contacts have area codes before their phone numbers. I noticed that it was happening to only some of my contacts and it turned out it was because I only had the 7 digit number programmed rather than 10.

David

guitardoc64 04-21-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 (Post 255977)
k got my mogul right before the new update ( rom ).. anyway installed the rom.. activated it, noticed that all my incoming call regardless of being in my contacts.. would come unknown caller. so lived with it for a month, then decided to hard reset, the problem still there.. so re-installed the rom. still nothing.. what am i missing here? is the caller id faulty on this phone>\?

Try this. Go to phone/menu/options/services/internet-get settings.
This happened to me awhile back and it fixed it.

psyco 04-22-2008 12:10 AM

I had to have customer support fix mine....somehow they took caller-id off my plan completely....once they reset it everything worked good..

shaggylive 04-22-2008 12:20 AM

also check the setting under Automatic Prepend in phone settings.. it adds a 1 when dialing out.. you might have saved the numbers with the 1 and CID doesn't pass a 1.
I'm using the 5060 kitchen and have to turn this off after a flash.

CaptainX2001 04-23-2008 05:36 AM

Call in to Sprint Tech Support (you might be better off being switched to Advanced Tech Support) and tell them the problem.

This is most likely a problem in the network settings, which can only be fixed from Sprint's end. I've noticed a large increase of the number of caller id problems after the Mogul's ROM update. Could be a bug somewhere that is causing the network to disable all incoming caller ID.

The tech should be able to fix it within a couple of minutes.

spiritcrusher33 04-24-2008 11:25 PM

thats what i did. (called ) the tech did something on his end. but its fixed now.. thanks everyone for your suggestions.