PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Who's running a lot of programs..??

I hear about people installing 30+ programs to main memory and still having over 15meg's available and over 100megs storage... is this b/s..??

Old 04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tarblueriver is a n00b
Re: Who's running a lot of programs..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I hear about people installing 30+ programs to main memory and still having over 15meg's available and over 100megs storage... is this b/s..??
nope b/c i am one of those people. i have around 12.4 megs available though
Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it all depends on what the programs are and if they have any processes that run in the background and what other threads they invoke when used....short answer= yes this is very possible, no BS.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Mali Mali 357 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Mali Mali 357

i refuse to run all of those programs at one time, my phone would not stop freezing up, that's an ongoing problem with windows mobile, i run about no more than 15
Old 04-21-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mike_85_ripper is becoming a great contributor

ya i'm one of those people too and it's not bs
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

since I KNOW this is coming....here's what I got installed:

Office mobile
Battery status
Nue tools
Adobe reader
Htc audio manager
Clear temp
Dotfred task manager
HTC album
Icontact
ICS Control
Java
Live Search
MagiCall
My extensions
Notepad
PIM backup
Pocket IRC
Pocket Rar
QuickClear
QuickMenu
Remote Desktop Mobile
Resco File Explorer/registry editor/ftp client
Slick messenger
Trackme
HTC voice recorder
WiFiFoFum
WK task manager

on reset, I have 18.5MB free memory the way I have everything set right now, and 129MB program memory.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

DAMNN... i must be adding the PC sized apps or summ lol... ill have around 9-10 programs and be at like 15 on soft reset an around 80-90 on memory... damn....
Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

im thinking maybe about doing a hard reset to get back to point A and just start customizing all over again... im on sprints 3.35 official rom... would that be stupid of me to do that though, i mean nothing should randomly fawk up right... "i have bad luck incase ur wondering" lol...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
im thinking maybe about doing a hard reset to get back to point A and just start customizing all over again... im on sprints 3.35 official rom... would that be stupid of me to do that though, i mean nothing should randomly fawk up right... "i have bad luck incase ur wondering" lol...
nope..."shouldn't fawk up" anything doing a hard reset. might be a good idea, then install stuff one at a time and see whats hogging the memory and decide whether you really use/need it or maybe look for other software to perform the same function.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

rajuabju is a n00b

I have a lot of programs installed, but not all running at the same time.

Resco File Explorer + Registry & FTP Add-ins
Resco Photo Viewer
Resco Audio Recorder
Resco Radio
MemMaid
SKTools
PocketMechanic
Office Mobile
Adobe Reader
Google Maps
Live Search
Quick GPS
SPB Backup
SPB Weather
SPB Phone Suite
PDANET
PocketRAR
PocketIRC
Palringo
TCPMP
Windows Live
HTC Zip
Cyberon Voice Dialer
HTC Task Manager
NueLed
NueAudio
ClearTemp
About 10-15 Games

After boot, I generally have around 18.5MB free RAM. I keep the number of programs which load up at boot minimal.

I have about 75MB free in my main memory. I load all programs onto the phone, and only use my storage card to hold pictures/photos/music/video/email attachments and backup files.

I use SPB Backup everynight, and it soft resets my phone at around 4am, so each morning, my phone is fresh and ready to go.

Throughout the day, I use memmaid's reclaim ram feature 2-3 times, and I almost never go below 9mb free RAM, unless I have numerous programs loaded at the same time.

I use DCD's base ROM 3.0.4, with some of my own stuff cooked in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan