PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who's running a lot of programs..?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24552)

matty032 04-21-2008 03:16 PM

Re: Who's running a lot of programs..??

Where are you all gettin those "HTC" programs? Are they hacks out of other models, or is there a website those can be downloaded from? The main HTC doesn't really have squat on it.

justpctech 04-21-2008 03:20 PM

Matty, you can check here on XDA-Developers for a lot of them. some have been pulled off other models of HTC phones but will work on the Titan.
All Extracted HTC Apps (cab & oem included)

JDM_SOHC 04-21-2008 03:58 PM

well im gonna go for hard reset, an just redo this whole **** again cuz im encountering other lil problems too... "installed the Touch cam, an upon deletion it took my OEM camera with it so i had to reinstall an use mogul cam as an add-on which is BS", i installed opera mini an when i removed that it took PIE with it an my internet wasnt working so i had to addon Darkness's opera remover file to keep my internet working, just stupid little **** like that that i dont wanna have to worry about anymore... Hard resetting will fix all those stupid bs problems right an put me back to square one...

Success100 04-21-2008 04:02 PM

**hijacked**

or just get a touch..(no memory problems).

**unjacked**

justpctech 04-21-2008 04:10 PM

^^^^^ = :spam1:

:mrgreen:

JDM_SOHC 04-21-2008 04:28 PM

or just install a double din chip reader an put another 128mb card in my mogul lol...

nmhusa 04-21-2008 10:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
People keep mixing up the 256 megs of Storage for programs with the 64 Megs Ram. Installing programs in the 256 megs vs the MicroSD card does nothing to the 64 Megs Ram unless the application runs via a startup program or a registry change.

Memory leaks are another issue. I have been struggling to combat memory leaks for the last 6 months. Seem to have it finally battened down. I do use oxios (keep it on the Today screen, but I have found that with the current set of programs I do not see a memory leak anymore. Memory pops back up to 15 megs after I close running programs with Quickmenu X button or Zapit (currently assigned to a press of the Comm Manager button).

Using No2Chems 5060 Rom

Free Memory 15 Megs (stable) (was 24 megs following Rom install prior to all the apps added below)
Program Memory 94 Megs free

Quickmenu give a pretty nice battery/memory readout in the top right corner, may need to drop vistahide battery soon. although I do like the visual reminder.

Installed programs in main memory....

S2U2
Netfront 3.5
Thunderhawk 2
Big button dialer
Quick Menu
cLaunch
CodyPPC Camera 2
Pocket Artist
Duttthroy TaskManager
HandiTV
GpsGate
Google Maps
Holux GPS Viewer
iNav iGuidance 4 (1.2 GB maps on microSD)
Esmertec Java
Finger Friendly Friends
Calendar + Mohairsoft
Opera 9
Double Launcher (Orthanc Software)
Oxios Memory
PDA Resources Zapit
Pocket CM Contacts (soon to be removed)
Pocket CM Keyboard 0.14
Pocketmax phonealarm
Pocktemax Phonealarm skin
Pointui Home
PPcgeeks Picsel
PPCsoft psShutXP
Quartz Dev Portamailcab
reensoft PIE plus
Resco Explorer
Resco Registry
Sharkey Softkey changer
Skunkworks Flashvideo Bundle
Slingplayer Mobile
SPB Backup
Spb Weather and skins
Spb Screenshot
Styletap
TCPMP
Vibra Switch
Webis pocket informant
Youtube Play
VistaHide Battery
Vijays Toggle Screen Alpha
Refresh today screen
MyMobiler
Remote Desktop
Nue Tools
SIP Change
Foxit Reader (faster than adobe)

Running Netfront 3.5 without issues, Picsel, Able to view videos, run GPS (not all at once).... with no out of memory errors.

up2no6ood 04-21-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 255818)
**hijacked**

or just get a touch..(no memory problems).

**unjacked**

u just got served :). But the touch has to have that much memory because running programs from the sd card = corruption:disgust:

On my touch I keep netfront and slick up at all times and never run into memory issues

JDM_SOHC 04-21-2008 10:48 PM

ok well im back to point 1 now that i've hard reset... ima give wisbar a shot... it looks like u can do to much sick **** with it for me to not mess with it anymore lol..

SporkLover 04-22-2008 12:00 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some Screens