PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i730

ktjensen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyway to make PIE remember ORB password?

I can not seem to make my Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) remember the password for my ORB account. Is there some trick to get PIE to remember a password?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Anyway to make PIE remember ORB password?

One of the options when logging into Orb, on the page itself, is to remember your login information and do it automatically. If I recall correctly it is below the username/password fields. I checked that box and never have an issue. Even after a soft reset I am right back into Orb.

How else do you think I was able to watch the UFC PPV this weekend?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ktjensen is a n00b

PIE stills does not remember even when I check all the boxes. So is the fix to use something else besides PIE?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjensen View Post
PIE stills does not remember even when I check all the boxes. So is the fix to use something else besides PIE?
Mine works fine as well by clicking the two boxes. So far i havent had any success using anything with Orb other than. PIE. Opera Mini and Netfront both seem not to be compatible. I've tried them both and neither works with Orb. So I'm forced to use a lesser browser to accesss Orb.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

my PIE remembers my Orb password just fine too. i used it on both my moguls and both of it works.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjensen View Post
I can not seem to make my Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) remember the password for my ORB account. Is there some trick to get PIE to remember a password?
have you made sure PIE is using cookies? click Menu, Tools, Options, then the Security tab and make sure cookies is checked there.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ktjensen is a n00b

Yes PIE has cookies enabled. But what is weird is that I have THREE boxes to check within ORB to use PIE. ORB looks like a generic web site.

After checking all three boxes, the password is still not remembered.

Maybe ORB is failing to recognize that I am running PIE. When I first set up my ORB account I was using SAFARI on an Apple ITOUCH, but quickly switched to a WM6 platform on my Mogul. Maybe ORB needs to be reset or something to recognize I am on WM6 with PIE?

Wild guessing here.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When you are finished using Orb are you logging out through PIE?

If you log out, it will force you to re-enter your password next time. That is pretty much standard behavior for any website that requires a username/password. If you just close the window without logging out, all your login info will be remembered.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ktjensen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
When you are finished using Orb are you logging out through PIE?

If you log out, it will force you to re-enter your password next time. That is pretty much standard behavior for any website that requires a username/password. If you just close the window without logging out, all your login info will be remembered.
That would have been a simple mistake. No that is not what is happening, as I never log out. It is like PIE is forgetting the password completely. Very weird. Did you see that I have three boxes to check, instead of two like everyone else had mentioned?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ktjensen is a n00b

You know what I am going to try next, is to dump the cookies completely, and dump the browser cache. Maybe PIE is thinking I already answered to NEVER REMEMBER the password.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan