PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyway to make PIE remember ORB password? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24538)

ktjensen 04-21-2008 07:00 AM

Anyway to make PIE remember ORB password?

I can not seem to make my Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) remember the password for my ORB account. Is there some trick to get PIE to remember a password?

rainfreak 04-21-2008 09:04 AM

Re: Anyway to make PIE remember ORB password?

One of the options when logging into Orb, on the page itself, is to remember your login information and do it automatically. If I recall correctly it is below the username/password fields. I checked that box and never have an issue. Even after a soft reset I am right back into Orb.

How else do you think I was able to watch the UFC PPV this weekend?

ktjensen 04-21-2008 12:31 PM

PIE stills does not remember even when I check all the boxes. So is the fix to use something else besides PIE?

robj19 04-21-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktjensen (Post 255608)
PIE stills does not remember even when I check all the boxes. So is the fix to use something else besides PIE?

Mine works fine as well by clicking the two boxes. So far i havent had any success using anything with Orb other than. PIE. Opera Mini and Netfront both seem not to be compatible. I've tried them both and neither works with Orb. So I'm forced to use a lesser browser to accesss Orb.

TweetyBear 04-21-2008 01:07 PM

my PIE remembers my Orb password just fine too. i used it on both my moguls and both of it works.

justpctech 04-21-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktjensen (Post 255452)
I can not seem to make my Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) remember the password for my ORB account. Is there some trick to get PIE to remember a password?

have you made sure PIE is using cookies? click Menu, Tools, Options, then the Security tab and make sure cookies is checked there.

ktjensen 04-21-2008 02:33 PM

Yes PIE has cookies enabled. But what is weird is that I have THREE boxes to check within ORB to use PIE. ORB looks like a generic web site.

After checking all three boxes, the password is still not remembered.

Maybe ORB is failing to recognize that I am running PIE. When I first set up my ORB account I was using SAFARI on an Apple ITOUCH, but quickly switched to a WM6 platform on my Mogul. Maybe ORB needs to be reset or something to recognize I am on WM6 with PIE?

Wild guessing here.

bedoig 04-21-2008 04:09 PM

When you are finished using Orb are you logging out through PIE?

If you log out, it will force you to re-enter your password next time. That is pretty much standard behavior for any website that requires a username/password. If you just close the window without logging out, all your login info will be remembered.

ktjensen 04-21-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedoig (Post 255824)
When you are finished using Orb are you logging out through PIE?

If you log out, it will force you to re-enter your password next time. That is pretty much standard behavior for any website that requires a username/password. If you just close the window without logging out, all your login info will be remembered.

That would have been a simple mistake. No that is not what is happening, as I never log out. It is like PIE is forgetting the password completely. Very weird. Did you see that I have three boxes to check, instead of two like everyone else had mentioned?

ktjensen 04-21-2008 07:14 PM

You know what I am going to try next, is to dump the cookies completely, and dump the browser cache. Maybe PIE is thinking I already answered to NEVER REMEMBER the password.