PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

datapusher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Registry Tweaks for Titan

I am looking to fix a few items in my prov file, but they seem to elude me. I know how to do this normally, but would like to be able to set them in the registry.

I took a snapshot of the registry before and after I made these changes and did a comparison. I didn't find any differences between them that would go into a provisioning file.

Hopefully someone here can help:

1) I would like to have the date NOT shown on the today screen

2) I would like for my device password to be set in the prov file and set to 15 minutes

3) Is there a way in the cab manager to auto select "English" in weather panel. This way I could avoid having any user intervention during install.

4) When opening pictures & video, is there a way to default to the storage card for viewing instead of the device?

5) Set the camera to superfine

Thanks
Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work
Re: Registry Tweaks for Titan

Quote:
Do not need to edit registry for this,, simply go to "Start/settings/today/items/ uncheck date....."

Quote:
Dont have to edit registry for this either,,, just "Open camera, click the monkey wrench on the bottom left, then click the icon that looks like a person in a picture frame with a wand, click quality, change to superfine... click ok, and your done..."

Quote:
4) When opening pictures & video, is there a way to default to the storage card for viewing instead of the device?
On this I did find a few things in the registry that may be for this,,, Not sure though,, but as it is late at night, I decided not to try them yet,,,
but a little tip is,, since it is opening "my pictutres" folder,,, then just doing a registry search for "pictures" and sifting through them would maybe get you close to what your looking for...

Quote:
2) I would like for my device password to be set in the prov file and set to 15 minutes
Dont quite know what you are talking about here....

Quote:
3) Is there a way in the cab manager to auto select "English" in weather panel. This way I could avoid having any user intervention during install.
And again,, Im opting out of answering this one due to too much vagueness,, if you might clarify a little what you are looking to do then Ill try to help...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
I am looking to fix a few items in my prov file, but they seem to elude me. I know how to do this normally, but would like to be able to set them in the registry.

I took a snapshot of the registry before and after I made these changes and did a comparison. I didn't find any differences between them that would go into a provisioning file.

Thanks
1) You'll need this:
<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today">
<parm name="AutoSingleLineDatePlugin" value="1" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Date" value="0" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Enabled" value="0" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>

2-5) Yes, but I don't have these handy. If no one posts them by 6PM eastern when I get off work, I'll look them up.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann

Quote:

Thanks
1) The state of all your today items can be found at..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items
Except for date, that's the Date=0/1 that's one key up.

2) Dunno where that's stored.

3) WeatherPanel settings are stored at..
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MarsWare\WeatherPanel
Set it up how you like it and then export that key.

4) Don't know.

5)Preferences get stored in a blob for some camera options..
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Camera\<insert camera version>\Values
Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

datapusher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
Do not need to edit registry for this...
You missed the point. i know how to change these in thephone. However i desire to change them in the registry so I can call to them in my UC files.

So yes, changing the values in the registry is important.

Seriously, would someone really come on here and ask how to remove something from their today screen? or how to change a setting on their camera? Any moron could do that. What i need to do is find the registry setting for those changes so that wheen i flash to new roms, my provisioning xml file can slip these entries into the registry. I took a snapshot of my reg before and after i made these changes and i can not find a difference. my provisioning files are 6 pages long with different tweaks and setup for multiple accounts and applications. it all works perfectly with the exception of the items listed above.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

datapusher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
1) You'll need this:
<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today">
<parm name="AutoSingleLineDatePlugin" value="1" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Date" value="0" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Enabled" value="0" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>

2-5) Yes, but I don't have these handy. If no one posts them by 6PM eastern when I get off work, I'll look them up.
Ah nice.

Funny enough, I just grabbed my today folder from the reg and those values were not in there. Guess that is why I couldn't find them.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
3) WeatherPanel settings are stored at..
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MarsWare\WeatherPanel
Set it up how you like it and then export that key.
This actually does not have anything to do with the registry. i should have been more clear, especially since I titled this thread Registry tweaks... hehe

What i would like to do is edit the installation cab itself so that i could auto select English. Then when i run my UC script, WeatherPanel won't require any user input to complete the installation. As it sits right now, when I install weatherpanel, it halts instalation and asks which language package to install. For some reason, this halts my sdconfig file and crashes my device. i was looking for a workaround but there might not be one.

It was a shot in the dark.

Last edited by datapusher; 04-21-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Confusing
Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You missed the point. i know how to change these in thephone. However i desire to change them in the registry so I can call to them in my UC files.

So yes, changing the values in the registry is important.

Seriously, would someone really come on here and ask how to remove something from their today screen? or how to change a setting on their camera? Any moron could do that. What i need to do is find the registry setting for those changes so that wheen i flash to new roms, my provisioning xml file can slip these entries into the registry. I took a snapshot of my reg before and after i made these changes and i can not find a difference. my provisioning files are 6 pages long with different tweaks and setup for multiple accounts and applications. it all works perfectly with the exception of the items listed above.
yeah sorry it was late and i had a few beers, the title of the thread was reg tweaks,, so I just took it as that and jumped right in.. sorry
Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

neutrl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post

5)Preferences get stored in a blob for some camera options..
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Camera\<insert camera version>\Values

I believe he is looking for a different registry key, which I'm not sure where it is just yet.

I bumped this because I too am looking to change this.

Bascially when you create an email and choose insert -> picture it defaults to the pictures folder on the device. I'm looking to change that to the picture folder on the storage card.

This is the same folder that I have my camera set to store pictures in by default; but it is a different setting altogether.

Anyone know where this is off the top of their head?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan