PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc xv6800

pdajr24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV 6800 for verizon app issues

i have had the XV 6800 from Verizon for about 5 months now. After changing my theme and adding a few applications i love my phone. BUT, why is it that everytime that i download a game file to install it says not a valid PPC app? the only game i have been able to install in Kevtris 2. Its not only the games but the IR remote controls. and until recently the Webcam programs too. I finally was able to instal Ateksoft's webcam(if anyone esle is interested, it works great with the WIFI) I am tired of downloading, syncing, and attempting to install files that say PPC 6800, XV6800 or MOGUL and not being able to use them. Is there anyone that knows why i cant get them to work? Has Verizon prevented some application types from being installed? (wouldnt put it past them.) or is there somewhere i need to be looking? Every theme or dialer or general PPC application type i DL needs about 3 different developers apps to find one that works.

Maybe its me...This is my first PPC and i was told that i should have got the TREO 755 or waited for the RIM Curve from Verizon.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Re: XV 6800 for verizon app issues

whats happening is you are probably trying to run the executable file directly from your xv6800.
unless the program you are trying to install is in .cab form (NOT .exe), then the only way to install it to your devce is through active sync, on your PC.

it just one small extra step. its all a matter of how the developers coded the install package.

just remember CAB installs direct on phone and EXE through active sync.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
whats happening is you are probably trying to run the executable file directly from your xv6800.
unless the program you are trying to install is in .cab form (NOT .exe), then the only way to install it to your devce is through active sync, on your PC.

it just one small extra step. its all a matter of how the developers coded the install package.

just remember CAB installs direct on phone and EXE through active sync.
David,

Is there anyway to take an EXE and extract the CAB from it. I see that usually an EXE install on the PC transfers a CAB to the phone to install. I just want the cab so I can add it to my re-flash restore process.

Steve
Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ BGill 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Verizon

jgilfor is just getting started

Very often, when you run the exe file on your computer, it places the cab file into a folder created in your "programs" directory. That folder will have the same name as the application installer or the company that produced it. Check there and simply install that onto your phone. Next, open the cab file in your file explorer. That will install the game (or whatever) onto your PPC.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan