PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

shorty82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mms Solutions

Has anyone had a chance to try and compare the different solutions for sending sprint picture mail, I see lots of threads about different solutions but nobody seems to have compared them to each other? Before my PPC (my old fashioned phone) I used to be able to take pictures and send them to other people, store / upload pictures to my sprint picture mail account, download / review pictures stored on my sprint picture mail account, and review sent picture mail messages. There has to be a way to do all of this from a PPC, but sprint is so advanced that they haven’t come up with any solutions yet. I have tried the following for everyone’s information.

1. SPRINTMMS (I believe that is the title or that what it's saved as on my HD): I believe it was a modified version of a Verizon application tweaked to work on the sprint picture mail servers. Worked for just sending messages, and sent messages could also be reviewed by logging into the sprint picture mail website. Stopped working because of sprint. Does it work now?

2. NueMMS: I tested this a couple weeks ago, but I don't believe it uses the sprint servers. I sent a couple messages but it took almost 24hrs until they were delivered, didn't seem reliable yet.

Does anyone know about any other solutions, or have any updates for the ones I have listed. I hate installing programs just to test and then uninstalling so I figured we could all put in what we know since I'm sure we have tested lots of different solutions. It would be great if we could come up with a real solution that could do everything the plain sprint phones could do for example take pictures and send them to other people, store / upload pictures to my sprint picture mail account, download / review pictures stored on my sprint picture mail account, and review sent picture mail messages. But anything is better than nothing right now.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Sprint Mms Solutions

stop the madness! a million threads on this already!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509

thats the most popular method that has the least bugs

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What a fantastic thread
Old 04-20-2008, 04:45 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

smms by someguy works for me. you need your sprint pic mail password and you are good to go. lets you send to phones through your pic mail account. search this site for it. (sMMSsetup) wont let me post a .cab and i dont have the .zip but it should do what you were talking about as far as the sprint pic mail site. *edit* nevermind i just clicked success's link and it takes you to the smms thread

Last edited by rdd0512; 04-20-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan