PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Bluetooth opinions for the Mogul

So far Ive tried 2 different Bluetoohs with my Mogul, and Ive been happy with neither. First I bought a Blueant X3 micro off Ebay. I heard everybody pretty good, but they said my voice was constantly choppy. To the point where the couldn't understand me at all. And the phone was right in my shirt pocket, so I know it wasnt a distance issue. Shortly after that, I bought a Motorola H700 off a coworker. I liked the fit much better than the Blueant, and it seemed to be working just fine. About 2 weeks later, everyone tells me they hear themselves echoing, BAD. I thought at first it could be the Bluetooth itself but, my best friend had the 700 and said it worked perfectly. Hes talked to me on, and sounded great. So my assumption is that it has to do with the phone itself. I vaguely recall a few things here discussing the issue. Has anyone found a Bluetooth that works fairly well with the Mogul? Im getting sick of spending $40+ on junk that ends up sounding horrible
Old 04-20-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPrint

JaxDreamFunding is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding
Re: Bluetooth opinions for the Mogul

I have three BT headsets that I use....and so far I like them in the following order...

1) Motorola H12 - Noise cancelling and very clear. I have only had a couple of complaints about people hearing any background noise. i can hear the caller GREAT -- volume is awesome. Also it is VERY comfortable and I can wear it all day and forget I have it on.

2) Jawbone - I have had people tell me that I always sound like I am on a land-line when I use this. It is pretty comfortable, but a little larger than I prefer. The volume is okay, but I feel it could be better. By far the clearest headset I have ever used.

3) Mortorola s9 -- I use this only when I am working out or listening to music or audio books. It has great sound, but not the best for phone calls -- although it will due when the other headsets are not with me.

I have tried several others....many of the Jabra sets...several other Motorola sets and these above are the ones I like the most.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

geekwad is just getting started

I have a "BlueAnt" model Z9, which is rechargeable, extremely small and works very well with the Mogul. It has a lot of nice features that allow you to remote control the Mogul, depending on the combination of buttons pressed.

Check it out !!

http://www.myblueant.com/z9-bluetooth-headset.htm
Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll second the H12 and S9, although I rarely wear the H12 because it gives me a headache. I use the S9 when mowing the lawn or working out.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Hero
Carrier: sprint

meiinken is a n00b

I'm using a Jabra BT8010. It comes with a second earpiece and also works as a stereo headphone. It's a bit bigger than most, but I have no problem wearing it for long periods. It's also been on sale at Fry's for $30 and $39 at times.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

I just totally dig my jabra bt-8040,, it is an in ear design, no wrap around, and is fully full on a2dp compliant,,
sound quality is pretty darn good.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

I second on midiology comment about the jabra bt-8040.Crystal clear on both ends....The only thing bad is it isnt water resistant cause i drpped mine in the tub..and now im working wit a cheap version so cheap i dare not 2 say...
Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

I have had two different headsets, an older Samsung and a Jawbone, and both work fine. I also use Bluetooth in the car with the Parrot MK6100 to stream music and take calls, this works great too. I wonder if it is your specific Mogul. Have you tried pairing your friend's H700 (a proven commodity) with your Mogul? This will rule out the headset.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor

Been very happy with my BlueAnt Z9, with the 3.4 firmware. It has quick acquisition and is about the best I have had so far. I have not tried the Aliph Jawbone, many of my friends have it and I did not like the sheer size of it.

This said, some people do not like the way the ear hook is designed on the BlueAnt Z9 and I think that more people find comfort with the Jawbone's multi sized ear hooks. I just like to put my headset in my pocket when I am not using it so the small size is desireable.

I previously had a Plantronics Explorer 655 which was pretty good but sounded funny after I washed it..
Old 04-22-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacspasm View Post
I previously had a Plantronics Explorer 655 which was pretty good but sounded funny after I washed it..
I bet!!! Now that is funny.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan