PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Question Something Wierd.. (Sprint Mogul)

I was charging my phone, and the left LED light just turned half blue, half white, while flashing to yellow. I removed the cord, and put it back then the yellow charging LED started flashing. Any ideas why? It seems to be fine now..

Makes me wonder..
Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

manthony6567 is a n00b
Re: Something Wierd.. (Sprint Mogul)

your phone was overheating if it was flashin yellow or red
Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels

Weird, I think was the spelling dictionary alerting misspelled words.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrummels View Post
Weird, I think was the spelling dictionary alerting misspelled words.
I don't get it.... the OP didn't misspell anything, did he? lol... im probably jsut blind.

@krnfrk, I think this is due to overheating. The only time that the LED's have been reported to blink in abnormal colors or patterns are when the phone is considerably warmer than normal.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

wEIrd is how you spell weird not wierd
Old 04-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_Moore View Post
wEIrd is how you spell weird not wierd
Ahhhh I see... back on track
Old 04-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

My fault on the the spelling. :P Anyways, I was thinking it might be overheating, because it was rather warm to the touch at the charger end. Is it a fault of the Mogul, or it is just leaving it on for a long period of time?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Retired Moderator

No worries =]

I think it is a combination of both, because my phone overheats randomly with no use. I'm sure many have had similar issues.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

What precautions should I take to prevent it from getting damaged if it does overheat? Also, this is dragging the topic off a bit, but I have this program called jizy HTC Action Screen, doesn't seem to have any use.. Anyone know anything about it?
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

manthony6567 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 View Post
What precautions should I take to prevent it from getting damaged if it does overheat? Also, this is dragging the topic off a bit, but I have this program called jizy HTC Action Screen, doesn't seem to have any use.. Anyone know anything about it?
well i used to have the same problem with my phone overheating while it is charging i have come to relize that if i use it while it is charging it will begin to get warmer nd warmer until the lights start blinking and its hot or when i have it in the pouch nd i am in a warm room but to prevent this i take my phone and put it on top of a glass table i have and charge it there because since the glass is fairly colder then room tempature any heat that the phone might start to give off will be sort of absorbed by the glass hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan