PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (Sprint 6800)
Carrier: Sprint

procrastinator! is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sudden annoying beep from Red button

hi Guys,
Anyone know anything about this? (I've spent a while searching, and can't find a thread on it. . ."

Suddenly, my phone has started emitting an annoying and rather loud "beep" (more of a "boop" really) whenever I press the red "hang up button"
I 've had the phone for months and never heard this tone before. I had recently performed a hard reset to clean it up and fix an unrelated problem. I had recently reinstalled a few pieces of software that I had run before, without encountering the tone. (I think is was the large start menu, and the HTC dialer and comm manager skins)

I found a brief discussion of this on another site, but can no longer seem to find it. Not quite sure what my search terms were. It suggested moving "Windows/Mid2wave_079-4098" to the memory card. I have done this, but it always "comes back" after I soft reset. Besides, when i play this file (it's a .wav file) it's a different sound.

I'm running the most recent Sprint ROM.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Sudden annoying beep from Red button

yeah I've experienced this as of late myself... doesnt really annoy me but i though it just came about from one of the more recent roms i flashed to... what rom/radio are you running?

I'm on Nuerom build 5060 non-kitchen...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (Sprint 6800)
Threadstarter

procrastinator! is a n00b

I'm running the most recent Sprint rom. . . noting weird or fancy. . .
Old 04-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yeah, i started experiencing the exact same "boop" two weeks ago after a soft reset because i installed PCMk, but i doubt it's the reason for it. any ideas? i caant find any setttings option to turnn it off, even though it doesnt bug me that bad.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:02 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I beleive the file that you are looking for is dpadctl.mid in the windows directory. I have posted a blank version of that file that may help you. See below
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=19

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Lurker

ghacompanies1596 is a n00b

my phone started this as well!!! wtf! never done it before, did a hard reset and now... boop.....boop....x 100 its pretty annoying
Old 04-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Lurker

boyd9009 is a n00b

hi there. I tried to copy the midi file to my phone but it would not let me ;( locked I guess. this beeping is making me nuts. any other ideas?

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2008, 05:24 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

You need a third party file explorer, such as Total Commander(free) or Resco File Explorer($)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd9009 View Post
hi there. I tried to copy the midi file to my phone but it would not let me ;( locked I guess. this beeping is making me nuts. any other ideas?

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan