PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

Sweet05CTS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wifi switch no longer works... software fix to turn wifi on and off?

So I have a feeling that when I dropped my fone this weekend that I somehow damaged the switch to turn on my wifi. I can flip it up, but the EV symbol does not turn to the tower, and when I attempt to turn on the wifi from the comm area it shows connecting, then instantly reverts back to the EV symbol.

Is there any software out there that I can use to turn said switch on/off without the hardware? AKA- looking for software that will turn it on or off without using the switch on the side, ever

Thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: wifi switch no longer works... software fix to turn wifi on and off?

Try flipping the switch back and forth afew times. Mine never catches on the first try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet05CTS View Post
So I have a feeling that when I dropped my fone this weekend that I somehow damaged the switch to turn on my wifi. I can flip it up, but the EV symbol does not turn to the tower, and when I attempt to turn on the wifi from the comm area it shows connecting, then instantly reverts back to the EV symbol.

Is there any software out there that I can use to turn said switch on/off without the hardware? AKA- looking for software that will turn it on or off without using the switch on the side, ever

Thanks
spb Phone Suite has a utility that will allow WiFi to be turned on from the touch screen. In fact, you can turn on BlueTooth, WiFi, Phone and Flight Mode from just two screen taps.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

i'm not sure if those toggle apps will work, unless your running a rom with nuewifi hardware switch cooked in.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
i'm not sure if those toggle apps will work, unless your running a rom with nuewifi hardware switch cooked in.
Me neither. I had one which I tried before posting and I get an error message. I guess the hardware switch needs to be working.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

mcfz is a n00b

I think for the Software Toggle to work it must be jammed in the ON position, not the OFF position.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfz View Post
I think for the Software Toggle to work it must be jammed in the ON position, not the OFF position.
Bingo!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

Sweet05CTS is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfz View Post

I know this may sound rather nub, but your thinking would include the fact that the switch actually has to be working, or just literally up in the ON position? I think my problem is that I broke something related to the switch. It's really going to piss me off because I got the fone for the sole reason that it doesn't require a data plan, lol
Old 04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

so it sounds like you need to find or cook a rom with no2chem's hardware switch driver built in.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

I apologize, I just tried it and the WiFi switch must be set to on for the spb Phone Suite applet to work. I coulda swore that it used to work regardless of the switch position. Oh well, sorry for the misleading post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan