PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hahaha Losers

+1 for inking ... I'm an avid Tablet PC user, so I use inking a lot on both the phone and my tablet.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synned View Post
It may not be coming to Sprint...but you can bet your *** when the 3g iPhone comes it'll be on sprint real quick...
This still doesn't make ANY sense.

The 3G iphone is coming soon but it is NOT coming to Sprint anytime soon... at least not in the next 4 years. (I also heard a rumor that it will have GPS...)
Old 04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

3G iPhone will be GSM so no way it could be used with Sprint. The rumors I heard is that GPS will NOT be a feature of the 3G iPhone that's coming out soon. Other than 3G, the only thing really new about it will be 2.5mm thinner.

I have an iPhone and like it a lot, what features it has, it does better than WinMo. The problem with the iPhone is it just plain doesn't have very many features. No MMS, no video recording, no advanced wireless security options, no officially sanctioned support for native apps (though that will change with firmware 2.0).

The hardware is very impressive though, the HVGA display is gorgeous, video acceleration is fully implemented, and pocket Safari is the best mobile browser I've ever seen.

I like my Mogul, but there are things it can't do that iPhone users could laugh about too... like it's complete inability to smoothly play MP4 H.264 encoded videos. It can't play them smoothly even in crappy QVGA 64k colors while the iPhone plays them perfectly in HVGA res, not sure the color depth but I think it's at least 262k.
The iPhone's built-in speaker is also 100x better than the POS in the Mogul, which helps when watching videos.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XDA Flame

xsoulreaver is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post

lol.. and these guys think that this is as good as transcriber.. they dun even have a VGA resolution..

have they even tried a transcriber on XDA flame at VGA resolution.. i never seen a better app..
Old 04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No doubt Apple will soon incorporate this into the official iPhone firmware. They will then proceed to tell the world that this is a groundbreaking, revolutionary techology that hasn't existed elsewhere in the world ever before. Gotta love the Apple PR machine...

PS. I'm not an Apple hater. The iPhone is a nice device. Apple's advertising often feels more like a political campaign ad though (lots of hype, little substance or truth).

Now everyone bow down and worship Steve Jobs.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
No doubt Apple will soon incorporate this into the official iPhone firmware. They will then proceed to tell the world that this is a groundbreaking, revolutionary techology that hasn't existed elsewhere in the world ever before.

PS. I'm not an Apple hater. The iPhone is a nice device. Apple's advertising often feels more like a political campaign ad though (lots of hype, little substance or truth).

Now everyone bow down and worship Steve Jobs.
These posts are entertaining.... you SAY you don't hate Apple but reread your post again.

I'm just sensing that despite everyone's denial, there just seems a little bitterness against Apple. I think we are an insecure group.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
These posts are entertaining.... you SAY you don't hate Apple but reread your post again.

I'm just sensing that despite everyone's denial, there just seems a little bitterness against Apple. I think we are an insecure group.
I think he means that he dislikes their marketing but likes a lot of their products.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

smassele is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to smassele
sorry to post this on this thread but are people having trouble with ppcgeeks, I'm getting thsi site coming up in just text with no colors or pictures loading.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post

I don't hate Apple, and I'm not bitter about anything. I just dislike their advertising strategies. I fully accept that it is an advertisement, and they are trying to sell a product. That's fine, make it sound as good as you can. But, they would lead you to believe that everything they do is a groundbreaking accomplishment.

iPhone - Like I said, it is a nice device. It definetly represents some innovation/improvement. It has, however, been done before. Years, and years before. And there are many features that it doesn't have that I can't live without.

MacBook Air - Nice, compact notebook. Subcompacts have been around for years though as well. If you want true portability, a UMPC would be better. Same compromises (no optical drive, limited connection options, etc), but would actually be much smaller and more portable.

I'm also not insecure about anything. I own a Vista based UMPC and love it. I also own a 24" iMac and love it. The fact still remains that Apple promotes a view of their products that is less than realistic.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I think he means that he dislikes their marketing but likes a lot of their products.
Thank you!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan