PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mr.squonk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk
Phone freezes up at start

Sorry for the NOOB question, but I was playing around with the Ultimate Launcher, and after a reset, my Mogul is completely frozen...will not respond to anything.

I searched around and found that there is no "safe mode", unless you have specific programs installed.

Question, how can I get things working again? I can't even flash a new Rom, as my PC won't even see the crashed device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started
Re: Phone freezes up at start

Mr. Squonk,

not sure how much I can help but I have read that you can do a hard reset and it will load the original ROM. Not sure what happens afterwards like having to reenter information to make the phone connect to the network again and so forth. I'll see what I can find and hopefully someone with more experience can help out. There are a lot of smart people here.

Good luck,

RW

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo
Threadstarter

mr.squonk is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk

RW,

Thanks!!! I found out how to hard reset (hold left and right soft keys and reset switch), and re-installed the ROM on the unit...worked like a charm!!

Thanks again!

mr. squonk
Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Tmobile

drgoff is a n00b

My sprint mogul 6800 is stuck at the boot screen and a hard reset wont work. Any way to flash the rom considering windows doesn't even recognize the device
Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.squonk View Post
Sorry for the NOOB question, but I was playing around with the Ultimate Launcher, and after a reset, my Mogul is completely frozen...will not respond to anything.

I searched around and found that there is no "safe mode", unless you have specific programs installed.

Question, how can I get things working again? I can't even flash a new Rom, as my PC won't even see the crashed device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This happened to me doing exactly the same thing.. ultimate lancher boinked my phone, and I lost a month's worth of stuff by hard resetting.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

hottieitalian82 is a n00b

My Mogul is completely frozen as well. What is the left and right soft keys??
Old 03-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottieitalian82 View Post
My Mogul is completely frozen as well. What is the left and right soft keys??
the two buttons above the silver talk and end call buttons... welcome to the site.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

i had so many problems with this program. The after 4 hard resets and making me very mad. Real mad. I decided to doawnload spb back up and then do the ultimate launch as like my 3rd program when starting over just incase i needed a hard reset again.

Once everything works do a spb backup to storage card.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv_warrior View Post
Mr. Squonk,

not sure how much I can help but I have read that you can do a hard reset and it will load the original ROM. Not sure what happens afterwards like having to reenter information to make the phone connect to the network again and so forth. I'll see what I can find and hopefully someone with more experience can help out. There are a lot of smart people here.

Good luck,

RW
Hard reset goes back to whatever rom you have flashed, just the original, just-flashed state of it. You won't have to re-enter network information or anything.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

UL seems to be the issue here, but the PDA isn't usually locked up, just doesn't display, you can hit your start button, edit your today plugins, uncheck UL and soft reset. Annoying but no need for a Hard reset.

-CC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan