PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rattling Screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24271)

frostrambler 04-16-2008 11:16 PM

Rattling Screen

My brand new Sprint Mogul (4 days old) has developed an issue where the screen portion of the phone, when extended, will rattle back and forth slightly. Not up and down along the slider's axis, but the axis to and from the user. Back and forth. Its very slight, about .5mm, but its very noticeable when in a bus or when moving the phone while the keyboard is extended. You can feel the screen rattle on the keyboard and its annoying as you type.

I do not want to return the phone for a replacement if I can avoid it. I found a Sprint authorized repair center nearby, I just want to know if they will cover me.

I have no insurance, but the phone is 4 days old, so what will Sprint do?

soinkster 04-16-2008 11:27 PM

Re: Rattling Screen

no insurance ... parachuting with a plastic bag thats bravery

guitardoc64 04-16-2008 11:29 PM

If it's only 4 days old get them to swap it. You have a 14 day window if you don't have insurance, and at the price don't you want a perfect new phone?

frostrambler 04-16-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soinkster (Post 252278)
no insurance ... parachuting with a plastic bag thats bravery

I never got insurance for any phone ever, and have never needed to use it. I never break my phones. If they break, I still have a one year warranty.

Thanks guitardoc, I really don't want a replacement though, a repair is fine if its quick. I heard its a small screw that has to be tightened between the LCD and the keyboard.

mCastJR 04-17-2008 02:39 AM

eeks, same here with mine. it sucked big time texting on the bus.

well i accidentally got mine mixed up in my laundry and they replaced it in a jiffy.

insurance is the way to go, don't wash your phone though. i say get insurance especially since the mogul is a pretty expensive phone. since mine was accidentally in the laundry it was just 50 bucks to replace.

so there's a few problems solved with my 50 dollar insurance swap, washed up phone, that danged rattle, and a scratch or 2. sign up for insurance it's a big plus with a winmobile phone.

/ninja_edit i say just hit up the repair place and it should be a cheap fix if you heard it was just a screw adjustment /ninja_edit.

Jeep911 04-17-2008 08:32 AM

i would highly recommend the insurance. you may have a 1 year warranty. but that doesnt cover a lap launch on to the concrete breaking it into a bagillion pieces. or in my case wanted to go swimming in my toilet ( long story)

PH

rainfreak 04-17-2008 11:20 AM

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can add insurance to your line within the first thirty days. I never used to carry insurance but when considering the expense of these phones, I decided that it was time to start. Like Jeep said, you never know when something is going to happen that you cannot control or foresee.

Well worth knowing I can get a new one even if my wife ever finally gets sick of hearing how cool my phone is and throws it out the car window one day...

Jeep911 04-17-2008 01:25 PM

my girlfriend says she is going to break mine all the time cause i cant stop talking about how cool my phone is ...so i feel your pain ...insurance is your basic " belt and suspenders" tactics

PH