PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wireless camera stream

anybody have any experience with wireless camera's? can the stream be viewed on a mogul?

the other way i was looking at doing this (but more crap involved) was getting webcams for my laptop and using some program to upload the stream.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cwlanik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: wireless camera stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
anybody have any experience with wireless camera's? can the stream be viewed on a mogul?

the other way i was looking at doing this (but more crap involved) was getting webcams for my laptop and using some program to upload the stream.
If your talking about viewing a webcam that you have set up to keep an eye on your house, or something try orb. If you are talking about using your mogul as a webcam, try Ateksoft.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

the former, but with out a pc, cuz it'll actually be to keep an eye on my van. get to working in those shady neighborhoods i get all paranoid while i'm in or around the building.
something like the 2.4ghz cameras.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cwlanik is just getting started

Huh, I really don't know what to tell you. Your looking for a webcam that you can set up that can stream or send its feed to the interweb or your phone. I have no idea so I guess this is a useless post. Good luck man sorry I couldn't help ya out. The only way it could work is if you had two moguls, like you and your partner or whatever but then you'd have to leave one in the van and that might make somebody wanna rob you for that other mogul.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

If your camera can transmit to a URL, and encodes in a compatible stream, then I'd say yes. If you're looking for a local/direct feed, camera to phone, I can't conceive of how that might work... I've looked at this problem for home & office but haven't really found a solution I like. Cameras are either set up to feed a signal to a PC for encoding, or a raw video signal for a monitor/DVR/VCR... Some of the digitals will save video to an SD card, but again, those are dependant on a PC.

An alternate solution that dosen't utilize your phone, might be a standalone system. Some have a wireless camera and a handheld monitor, usually on 2.4gHz so you've that range to consider. Dosen't integrate with your phone, but on the plus side, you don't have an additional app to conflict with or take up resources.

I have used ORB with a webcam on my PC, and can view it from any browser, and my phone. The framerate isn't stellar and there's a 20-30 sec time lag, but it's clean enough to see if someone's boxing up my TV. lol
Old 04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

yea, what I would like is a 2.4 that would do an open stream, or to a client app, preferably with ppc support..
right now it looks like i'd have to do the webcam to laptop.. actually looking at some appz that have a time-lapse motion detect. pretty cool.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

Nevinz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Nevinz Send a message via MSN to Nevinz Send a message via Yahoo to Nevinz

here is an idea, get an inexpensive video camera, a router and a slingbox, set up an adhoc network using the router and connect the video camera to the slingbox and the slingbox to the router, as long as your in range of the router.. which depends on the router, you will be able to recieve the feed via your mogul connected to the adhoc network.. no internet required..

and your gonna need some kind of external powersource, maybe a car battery hooked up through a converter to supply the power will work, or an adapter for the cig lighter
Old 04-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

I use a panasonic network cam, includes service to host it. The camera itself has a built in webserver.

Google "panasonic network cam". Mine was like $300
Old 04-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

You can get a cheap Linksys wireless camera with built in web server for around $100. Connect to that from your Mogul and view the web page on it. All Linksys cameras come with support for Active X and Java, so if you have a Java client on your Mogul, you should be good. The only catch would be signal strength due to distance and building structure, but within a few hundred feet should be workable.

If it were me I would try it, and if it didn't work, I would return the wireless camera.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:23 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

thanks guys. while panasonic is quality, and I liked linksys until the cisco buy out, but I might have to give them another shot..
video quality isn't such a big deal to me, it's kinda there or is isn't (my van and it's tools).
wifi should be enough range, even in apt complexes i usually can park fairly close to the building.. (or in the grass since i have a utility van.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan